What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cleaned the hot tub. Got a new tool at Harbor freight that is a submersible pump, empties our 800 gallon tub in five minutes. Takes about two hours to refill. When I turned it back on, no power light. Checked the circuit, power going in, but no pump. Called the service tech and got an appointment for next Tuesday. Augh! Went back out to close it up and it was working.... Must be Gremlins.

Of as my father would say "Something loose that you moved a little while fiddling with it." Leave it alone unless (until) it stops again then tighten all the crimps and reflow all the solder.

Over did it. Stupid 15 mph headwind all the way home nearly did me in.

EDIT: felt good after a little bit of rest, so my wife and I took advantage of our vaccines and went out to lunch for the first time in over a year. When we walked into our favorite burger joint it was completely empty except for 2 employees. I was concerned they weren’t doing dine in until I remembered it is Ramadan, and it is a halal restaurant, so the lack of patrons was pretty easily explained...didn’t have to wait long for our food, and had a delicious, quiet lunch.

Screenshot_20210508-112308~2.png

Last edited:
Just watched a great footie match. The Brisbone Lions defeated the Fremantle Dockers. The score was 14, 11 for 95 to the Docker's 10, 11 for 71.

-Family gathering on a large deck in the sun - I now feel fully sun-absorbed and sucked of energy
-Read some essays in a book about the importance of manure for the future of humanity - has a lot of potty humor in it, too
-Wondered what the rocket future looks like in my area - there was apparently a launch yesterday, at least, so things are looking up, but I don't want to go through building a large L1 rocket if I don't think I'll ever fire it off - we'll see
-Pondered the meaning of existence - gave up after 2 minutes

We had a rainy mother's day brunch with my wife, then I drove 90 miles to work the night shift at our other base.

Do tell!! Cohiba?! :D

A. Fuentes? Oliva? Perdomo? Ashton? Gurka?

Liga Privada No.9 which is a very deep, rich, campfire smokey. The first paragraph of the review:

"Let me start by saying, This Cigar is AMAZING! No beating around the bush here you don’t even need to read the rest of this cigar review if you don’t want to. Just know that the Liga Privada No. 9 is one of the best cigars in the world so go buy some."
https://cigardojo.com/2012/06/liga-privada-no-9/

-Pondered the meaning of existence - gave up after 2 minutes
"It's like trying to find gold in a silver mine." Just enjoy the silver.

Sorry if I sound like a broken record. Snow. Again. Yes, I know it's upstate New York and I have to expect colder weather than anywhere else I've lived.1620649376702.pngBut fercrisakes it's the tenth of may! I only saw a dusting on the way to work, but someone here in the office said she had two or three inches. INCHES! It's New York, it's not Siberia.

Last edited:
Continuing to get ready for the 1.09361 metre sale* at MIL's house on Saturday before putting the house up for sale. I thought she had a lot of junk until I started adding ours to it...

* That's a yard. Get it? Yard sale. Metric joke.
Yeah, except 1 yard = .9144 meter (or metre, as you prefer)
1620773277775.png

Back