What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I am celebrating my 65th birthday. The last 20 year seem like a blink of the eye. It seems the older I get the faster the years go by.

Happy Birthday! I've always heard that time goes faster the older you get. I'm where you were 20 years ago and it seems like light-speed already. . .

Sandy.

I got a message that a local bike shop received a few children's mountain bikes they had on backorder. This was the same one I wasn't expecting to get for our son until Fall. Now one has his name on it and they should have it built up in a couple of days.

In the meantime, we still took advantage of the nice Spring afternoon and logged almost 7 miles on the Greenway path.

View attachment 461067

I cannot thumbs up this enough. That is a happy little dude.

2nd dose of Pfizer vaccine!

Me, too. It took longer waiting for side effects than everything else. This time they gave the shot *through* the bandage.

ed6a7d13-3b5a-4378-98f9-d2b007bf2948-COVID_Sticker.jpg

Yesterday, GF’s father’s visitation. 84 years old.
Today the funeral...
But as death goes, it was good way to go. At his a own home, in his own bed. Quick, quiet, and painless. I hope I go that way, rather than suffering for days or weeks in a hospital.
My condolences.

Today I moved both vehicles out of the garage and swept the floor to get ready for the spring/summer activities. And dang! it was a muddy winter.

After a morning at the swim meet I took my bike out for a 21 mile ride on some paved trails. Had a great time, but my new nemesis is dog owners who don’t obey leash length rules AND don’t pay attention...I can’t predict your dog’s actions, and this thing ain’t for off-road.

I worked all weekend. My son's new bike was ready and my wife was able to pick it up this afternoon. It is a huge jump up in size and weight from his 14" combo balance/pedal bike and he had a couple habits to break. He isn't used to starting on his own yet, but can pedal, turn, brake, stop, and dismount great. The freewheel and handbrake were an easier adjustment than I thought and he said he likes it better than the coaster brake.

The mountain bike team starts in June. I don't know how many other little guys are signed up, but he'll be in good shape to work on singletrack skills by then.

PSX_20210425_204617.jpg

Stepson and nephew came by and helped me put up a 2 X 5/8 wave collinear 2m antenna at the peak of the roof. Then I put leg quarters into individual freezer bags and put all but one in the freezer. The one left out, I roasted @ 450F for 45 minutes after seasoning with some rub I bought at the local Ace Hardware. Dinner was good!

The mountain bike team starts in June. I don't know how many other little guys are signed up, but he'll be in good shape to work on singletrack skills by then.
Cool, just about enough time for him to outgrow that bike. By them he'll have some more skills and you can aim for the CF frame. :p

I spent yesterday power washing the dock in 44 degrees and a 15knt wind off the lake.
I couldn't feel my toes and fingers by the time I was done.
One of the less joyous joys of owning a boat, that and bottom paint.

I spent yesterday power washing the dock in 44 degrees and a 15knt wind off the lake.
I couldn't feel my toes and fingers by the time I was done.

I've sailed (Laser) in weather like that (colder actually). so c-c-cold that the mainsheet won't feed thru the pulley..

I've sailed (Laser) in weather like that (colder actually). so c-c-cold that the mainsheet won't feed thru the pulley..

My best sailing while cold story was when we capsized in the lake in subfreezing temperatures. When we tacked, some sheets of ice fell off the main. We got back in to shore and into the sauna pretty quickly after that!

My best sailing while cold story was when we capsized in the lake in subfreezing temperatures. When we tacked, some sheets of ice fell off the main. We got back in to shore and into the sauna pretty quickly after that!

sailing here (Montreal) in October, it's not uncommon to have 0°C days.. and the wind-chill on top of that. soo cold, your hands are in a permanent 'grip' position.. and yeah, the odd icicle off the end of the boom.. And you are wondering: 'why the ____ am I doing this...' as you get pounded by yet another wave & associated spray while hiked out..

Back