What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the local homosapiens piles the sticks like that to give to local children something to play in. Koalas prefer the eucalyptus forest :)

Well, that's boring. Australia's yowie capital is down the road from me at Woodenbong, (for reals,) and I'm still going yowie.

Local children. Pffft. :)

Koalas sharpen sticks to a razor point for their dropbear activities...

Did something today that is going to help make both of my hobbies, RC aircraft and rocketry, more fun and productive.

Retired today after nearly 35 years at Lockheed Martin Aeronautics in Fort Worth. (Some of those years were General Dynamics.)

I see a lot more flying and launching in the future!
Congrats, I love to hear about people getting to retire. That's just awesome for you.

The mango harvest begins! Tallest trees first using the 'cut and catch' method. The mangoes on these trees are big. Prolly only a hundred picked the first day; not bad for two people. I'll snaffle a pic later. Of big mangoes, not people.

Also pruning the mango trees we cut down in September. Taking out the central new growth and trying to encourage lateral branching. The idea is to end up with trees about 6 feet or so tall with lots of sideways branches for fruit. Makes picking several thousand times easier.

Did something today that is going to help make both of my hobbies, RC aircraft and rocketry, more fun and productive.

Retired today after nearly 35 years at Lockheed Martin Aeronautics in Fort Worth. (Some of those years were General Dynamics.)

I see a lot more flying aud launching in the future!
Oh, yeah, OH YEAH! Later this year for me but CONGRATUALTIONS! What'd you do for them? it must've been a great place to work for a Rocket/RC plane fellow.

Or (shhhh.....) can you even tell us? 🤐

Played with the Arduino sensor kit, which uses Grove cables to make it easy to hook up components - I'm hoping that this will turn into something to do with rocketry, such as building a cansat or something as such. The Arduino is hiding under the shield.

IMG_9110.JPG

Also read more cosmology about measuring the fluctuations in the CMB.

Went to Mt. Charlston with my daughter before the snow could melt. You be lucky to one chance a year to see snow here in Vegas

Attachments

• D4C50427-7804-4CBA-ABE4-667A1463EEB9.jpeg
    D4C50427-7804-4CBA-ABE4-667A1463EEB9.jpeg
    215.5 KB · Views: 8
  • CDC55F52-B957-4C1D-A7D4-2864F6833322.jpeg
    CDC55F52-B957-4C1D-A7D4-2864F6833322.jpeg
    152.7 KB · Views: 11
  • C4F90482-644B-4DDF-84A9-66E2719ECA60.jpeg
    C4F90482-644B-4DDF-84A9-66E2719ECA60.jpeg
    223.7 KB · Views: 11
Worked today ahead of the snowstorm. We are expecting 5"-8" tonight with a little more throughout the day tomorrow. The weather might keep us home tomorrow, so I could take my son sledding while more comes down.

Awesome! I heard it once when I was skiing near Cadillac, MI. It was kind of surprising, but they ended up loosing power that day and shutting down.

Birthing season for me. 100 plus head of cattle, alpine goats, llamas and donkeys on the ranch makes me a prime candidate as a midwife.
Pulled these twins 3 days ago. Healthy kids.
View attachment 448687
Nice, been involved in the birth of calves. Got to make sure they don't freeze in the first couple of days depending on the weather. Can be really bad weather in the north during calving season.

Back