What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and it is?
"And [the wine] is?" or "And [the morning outcome] is?" (OK, why not both?)

Williamsburg Winery Two Shillings Red, paired amazingly well with homemade stuffed shells. Was up bright and early 0530 this morning with no issues, which makes me like it even better! ;)🍷🍷

went to sleep at 6am, slept till noon, went back to bed and slept till 4:45, got up and ate dinner. What a wasted way to spend the precious remaining minutes of my life.

got zero sleep last night so I should be able to sleep tonight. I went through my CD's and pulled out 40 or so to give to my great friend who likes the same music. The downsizing continues, as I'm down to 11 things on the "sell" list.
(I started out with over 80 items)

Third day in a row of clear, sunny skies.
Guess I have no excuse, so I started weedwacking the vegetation and mowing the lawn.
Thank goodness for gasoline powered tools.
Took a break to get a nice cold beverage and fell asleep.

Last edited:
Last night I watched the first episode of The Expanse (season 1, episode 1).

It didn't totally grab me yet, but it's always hard to judge after one episode. I'll keep watching.
I'm 5 or 6 episodes in, and I am grabbed. It's really really good.

Trying to follow all the plot threads is a challenge (especially for the first few episodes), but I'm figuring it out (I think).

Good for you. If you've conquered your mountain goal then it doesn't matter how small you think others would think your mountain was; it was your mountain. (And anyone who does think it's small is being a condescending jerk.) Myself, I could never run 5 km without collapsing. Walk it, sure, but not run it. (And my back, legs, and feet would be killing me, so I wouldn't do it without one hell of a reason.)

Good for you. If you've conquered your mountain goal then it doesn't matter how small you think others would think your mountain was; it was your mountain. (And anyone who does think it's small is being a condescending jerk.) Myself, I could never run 5 km without collapsing. Walk it, sure, but not run it. (And my back, legs, and feet would be killing me, so I wouldn't do it without one hell of a reason.)

Thanks, it has been a lot of work...consistent healthy diet and exercise type stuff. I used to do the timing for 5Ks up to 50 mile races, so I know a 30 min 5K for a 41 year old is not in the wider population amazing. However, I had to put some kind of goal out there to work toward, and that felt crazy far away at the time, but not physically impossible. I had to lose 60 lbs before I could run more than a mile without my hip killing me. It ended up taking 72 lbs lost and more than 1500 miles walked before I could hit the 30 min 5K goal, so yeah, big achievement to me anyway.

Oh, and good shoes were an absolute must. I’ve burned through 3 pair of Nike Pegasus 36s or 37s at this point, and am about to retire the 4th. Can’t recommend that shoe enough.

insomnia kept me up till 6 am, then slept off and on till 3 pm, which pretty much ruined the day. Played some reel to reel tapes. Watched some Youtube videos on the 110" screen.

Back