What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joe, we have had five different recliners, three of which we still have. Geniece found a recliner to be a godsend when she was pregnant, and I found the same when I was not pregnant, but in pain (lower back). The latest one is an electric job that reclines almost flat, I can't tell you how many times I came downstairs after hours of not-sleep. Sat in that recliner, ran it to almost-flat, let one of the cats jump on my lap, and was able to get to sleep. A purring cat is very helpful when you're trying to crash.
Best -- Terry
Recliners are great. Having nine broken ribs and a collarbone currently means I have to sleep not flat, because it hurts too much. Sometimes the bed, sleeping sitting up, is uncomfortable so I jump into the recliner for a few hours sleep before getting back to bed. I just can't stay in one place for too long without feeling uncomfortable currently. Hopefully this will pass in a couple of weeks.

-Read a few sections of Epictetus' Discourses
-Did some Japanese online chatting - someone from Japan complimented my Japanese - I apparently have them fooled - うん、ちょっと日本語を話せます。
-Drove to pickup the wife's new Cricut Maker machine, a very large upgrade to her last model - this one even cuts thin wood
-Ate leftover Thanksgiving food and gave thanks that I have at least minimal cooking skills
-Completed an online French lesson (yes, I have a language problem)
-Listened to Neil Young's fantastic "Tonight's the Night" - an album I have never tired of after years of repeated listening
-Watched two episodes of "Time Team" the classic UK edition
-Wondered when I'll be able to launch rockets again

Last night I watched the first episode of The Expanse (season 1, episode 1).

It didn't totally grab me yet, but it's always hard to judge after one episode. I'll keep watching.

I'm quite impressed by the scope of its worldbuilding and the special effects. Pretty extensive and detailed for a TV show.

It didn't totally grab me yet, but it's always hard to judge after one episode. I'll keep watching.

I'm quite impressed by the scope of its worldbuilding and the special effects. Pretty extensive and detailed for a TV show.
It takes a few episodes to catch on with what's going on so stick with it a bit longer. I'm waiting on the latest season. I haven't read the books but I hear they're very good.

Did you read any of the books?

Stripped the turkey of any remaining useable meat, threw everything else into the stock pot with water, brought to a boil. It'll simmer for a few more hours, then it gets strained into freezer containers for making gravy next year. (Younger daughter insists that good gravy is a perfectly acceptable beverage. :)). The rest of the meat will go into turkey and dumplings. Southern style; the dumplings are large noodles rather than steamed bread/biscuit dough. Steamed bread has never appealed to me, give me a good baguette or hard roll any day.

Have any of yous guys watched the fourth season on Amazon Prime? I tried to watch the 1st episode if S4, but my best laptop at home has horrible sound, and not sure if I wanna sit at my desk for 45 minutes...
Maybe I’ll just do the rest by books.

Have any of yous guys watched the fourth season on Amazon Prime? I tried to watch the 1st episode if S4, but my best laptop at home has horrible sound, and not sure if I wanna sit at my desk for 45 minutes...
Maybe I’ll just do the rest by books.
I watched S4 last year when it came out. I watch on an Android smart tv with no issues. Season 5 drops in a few weeks.

-Read more of Epictetus' Discourses, now on Book III
-Reviewed notes on a book on Grover Cleveland I read recently
-Ate irresponsibly (Thanksgiving residue, apparently)
-Worked through building a Python video game
-Realized that I haven't eaten pancakes or waffles in almost a year (a very depressing realization)
-Realized that I could just make my own pancakes or waffles, but I didn't (a very depressing lack of ambition)
-Realized that mine wouldn't be anywhere near as good as Original Pancake House pancakes - so be it
-Realized that the last realization killed any ambition remaining from the realization before it

Back