What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally getting around to bottling the wine (30 gal) and hard cider (15 gal) I made this past summer. I think home brewers/winemakers spend 75% of their time cleaning and sanitizing, either that or I'm doing it wrong?
If you don't have one of these they decrease the amount of attended time for cleaning. Put it on and let it run while you are doing something else. Keg and carboy washer
I added the keg connectors so the inlet and outlet gets cleaned too.

Last edited:
I tried to make pizza but the instructions said to leave it on the cardboard plate it came on and when I got it out of the oven, the pizza was stuck on the cardboard plate. So I had to "slice" the pizza in the sense of making it thinner, just to get it off the cardboard.

The result is that my pizza was so thin it couldn't hold itself together. I took a picture, but no one would understand it and I don't care to explain it.

Piled more leaves onto the pile that hasn't been picked up by the township in nearly a month until I couldn't see what I was blowing.

got up early ....listen to the ham radio Goobers, went to the Mexican restaurant for lunch, came back and sprayed the last two clear coats of polyurethane on the handrails for my sons house they recently bought. went to the man cave tonight and one of the other cigar smokers came by and we had a great time talking about all kinds of good stuff like rockets and Stereos.

I tried to make pizza but the instructions said to leave it on the cardboard plate it came on and when I got it out of the oven, the pizza was stuck on the cardboard plate. So I had to "slice" the pizza in the sense of making it thinner, just to get it off the cardboard.

The result is that my pizza was so thin it couldn't hold itself together. I took a picture, but no one would understand it and I don't care to explain it.
Never leave a pizza on the cardboard! Trust me, I know the results. ;) What kind of pizza was it? I'll avoid them.

Put together a variac/dim bulb tester that's been fussing at me from the corner for a while. Christmas is coming up and I want to look into getting our 1946 Magnavox AM/phono console making music. Hopefully it won't need much and we can use it for atmosphere over the holidays. There's a perfect little shelf inside for a CD player, and an extra input where the optional FM tuner isn't connected.

DBT.jpg IMG_20200308_133401768c.jpg

Cleaned the roof today where the old solar panels had been. The new solar panels go up tomorrow. Washing crud off a metal roof is no fun.

After having our night cut short by a woman who buzzed all the doors in the condos at 2:00 am, then came down the hallway after a lady buzzed her in when she said she was being being chased by a man who was trying to kill her. My wife went into the hallway only to be met by the lady coming towards her with long kitchen knives in each hand. Another lady popped out of her door to start screaming, followed by the guy upstairs hollaring at her to drop the knives as he pointed his gun at her. She did, then they found out she thought it was 2010 and George W. Bush was president. 10 cop cars showed up and carted her away. We live in a very nice neighborhood, really.

met my son and grandson for lunch at the sub shop, delivered the handrails to my sons house that my wife and i sanded down and refinished for his house he recently bought.

For the last month or so I've had bad mid-back pain develop during the night, every night, waking up with my back anywhere from "hurts a lot" to "agony". I've tried different beds, different positions, pillow thickness, adjustable bed, and nothing seems to help except sleeping in a chair. I get better within an hour of two of getting out of bed, usually. I hope I can find a solution short of surgery. I'll try a good chiropractor (after checking references) looking for advice if not treatment. (A good one will say if s/he can't treat it.)

I'm also working on my ergonomics at work, and I need new orthopedic insoles (those semi-custom Dr. Scholl's ones) but I don't expect those things to help with the nighttime problem, since I feel OK when I lie down.

Joe, we have had five different recliners, three of which we still have. Geniece found a recliner to be a godsend when she was pregnant, and I found the same when I was not pregnant, but in pain (lower back). The latest one is an electric job that reclines almost flat, I can't tell you how many times I came downstairs after hours of not-sleep. Sat in that recliner, ran it to almost-flat, let one of the cats jump on my lap, and was able to get to sleep. A purring cat is very helpful when you're trying to crash.

Best -- Terry

Back