What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cleaned out a portion of my rocket workshop/Gym/garage so I can have the garage door opener replaced.

Put some things up in the attic, other things in the trash. Brought some stuff into the spare bedroom.

Another job well done.

Put Thompson's WaterSeal on my deck. My gutters are in desperate need of cleaning, but I'm not sure I can manage the 22 ft. ladder by myself anymore. Not keen of falling either. Gutters are way higher than I care to fall.
My new bike is tubeless. Never gone tubeless before. Front tire isn't holding air and I'm getting pretty frustrated with it. I might have to put a tube in it.
The vote count is getting pretty frustrating. I keep turning on the TV, expecting to know who won the election and it's always "coming soon".

This was last week, but I went out to a boat we're working on and there was something missing in the engine room.

View attachment 437303

That's the oil pan for a 1500-HP V12 Caterpillar engine. The gearbox (single reduction ratio with forward, neutral, and reverse) is in the background, and the propeller shaft is out of view on the other side of that. I assume the rest of the engine is out at the shop for overhaul. I haven't seen Caterpillars done like that, but there's a first time for everything. On a different boat years ago, there was an oil pan with a top end floating above it and empty space in between except for 4 spindly little rods holding up the top end. The 16 or so cylinders were all taken out for maintenance.

In case you were wondering, an oil change will set you back 162 gallons for the engine pictured.
Sounds like the same motor I have in my Pinto.

Worked on fixing stuff under my lowered car because whilst enjoying fall in the eastern sierras a couple weeks ago, I decided to take it offroad in search of a fishing hole. The seemingly smallish looking rock in the middle of the dirt road wasn't actually small enough and somehow displaced the exhaust onto the bottom of the shift rod and things started rubbing against each other. I suppose it could have been worse with a hole in the oil pan.

Quadraphonic in 2020! LP, R2R???
yes, they have released many quad recordings on blu-ray discs so that it will play thru home theater receivers. DSOTM has also been released on 5.1 discs too. The quad version was remixed by the legendary Allan Parsons.

today, went for my first steroid injection for my shoulder which I tore the rotator cuff during fall # 32. My buddy texted me from the cigar shop and coaxed me into driving down the Green way in my power chair to join him. My 2 wild grand kids, ages 2 and 4 came over this evening and had a blast.
Looks like I will not get any sleep tonight duet to those darned pain pills for my messed up back, which will get worse as my body keeps destroying the nerves and muscles in my core section. This is not going to be fun. The last time I visited my 103 year old ham radio buddy in the nursing home, I told my wife that somehow when it gets to where my lungs give out, we have to see if we can get hospice to come to my house, as a nursing home is the one place I don't want to end up in and die.

Worked on fixing stuff under my lowered car because whilst enjoying fall in the eastern sierras a couple weeks ago, I decided to take it offroad in search of a fishing hole. The seemingly smallish looking rock in the middle of the dirt road wasn't actually small enough and somehow displaced the exhaust onto the bottom of the shift rod and things started rubbing against each other. I suppose it could have been worse with a hole in the oil pan.
Ah, yes. Off roading in a regular car. I remember it well. My brother and I once drove up to a ghost town near Silverton in his Matador wagon (he was a fan of AMC cars). Definitely a "Jeep" road. It wasn't lowered, but not meant for this. You have to put the tires on the high spots.

all of the handrails in my sons house were in process of getting refinished but the Minwax stain and polycoat product my wife put on was a disaster so now it has to be all sanded off. we are going back to a standard oil based stain and then use a spray polyurethane top coat.
I got 2 hours of sleep last night so hopefully I'll get to sleep at a decent time tonight.

yes, they have released many quad recordings on blu-ray discs so that it will play thru home theater receivers. DSOTM has also been released on 5.1 discs too.

Ah, should have known it would involve HT, I had envisioned an old-school quad LP cartridge and decoder. I hope you get some much needed sleep!

Slept most of the day. With respect to hobie1dog, in my case it's nothing serious. Don't know what got into me; I just couldn't get going. Feeling better and refreshed (mostly) today.

The pager went off around suppertime. Sometimes things just don't want to stay fixed, I guess. Maybe a nap today.

Back