What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bad weather warning here. Got up on the roof to check stuff out, prepped torches and food/water availability (no power = no water). Now a warning of possible tornado. o_O Checked the calendar, not April 1st. Wind is picking up though; lost the weather station off its mast. Fun times my friends, fun times.
What do you mean "not April 1st"? It's just short of May 1st down in the southern hemisphere, way past April 1st.

The dumb thing is that's really what I thought for a just a small moment. :rolleyes:

Beef Korma for me, buthe wife and daughter have Chicken Saag religiously.

The interesting thing about Saag is the worse it looks the better it tastes. I used to eat at a great Indian restaurant in Melbourne and their lamb saag looked like bright green dog puke. It was fantastic!

I lived around the corner. Take away from there was my once a week treat for teaching at two campuses in one day.

https://everestindian.com/

Lamb anything for me. Saag, curry, korma, chops, Irish stew, whatever. The most painfully puzzling thing in the world is to go into a restaurant and find both lamb and duck on the menu.

We're vegetarians, so Indian is a godo choice. We get a lot of saag paneer and benghan bharta (eggplant curry). My wife just made a really nice saag chole (with chickpeas) and stovetop naan/roti.

Took the MTB onto the trails yesterday. Tackled on obstical in an incorrect way. Crashed. The short story is shoulder dislocated (reduced it myself), three ambulances to two hospitals. I am now at the major trauma hospital in Melbourne. Turned out there was a broken clavicle and nine broken ribs as well. In a lot of pain but things settling now. In ICU for a day or so for monitoring for infection due to flail lung. Ouch:eek::mad::goodjob:

Took the MTB onto the trails yesterday. Tackled on obstical in an incorrect way. Crashed. The short story is shoulder dislocated (reduced it myself), three ambulances to two hospitals. I am now at the major trauma hospital in Melbourne. Turned out there was a broken clavicle and nine broken ribs as well. In a lot of pain but things settling now. In ICU for a day or so for monitoring for infection due to flail lung. Ouch:eek::mad::goodjob:
Jesus, man. I hope you have a quick recovery!

Lamb anything for me. Saag, curry, korma, chops, Irish stew, whatever. The most painfully puzzling thing in the world is to go into a restaurant and find both lamb and duck on the menu.

a man with the same taste buds as me!

Mum used to make her own mint sauce for our roast lamb leg..

1. played 3 Lp's,
2. talked to my best friend from out of state who will be flying a Cessna plane down on the 13th.. We're going to take a trip to visit a guy who specializes in restoring reel-to-reel tape decks, and he will be buying one from him. also going on another trip to visit a friend who has a $250K dollar stereo system so that he can experience it.
3. now laying awake at 5;20 am as insomnia wins again, I'm glad this is a rather civilized forum to spend time on.

For the last hours I've been listening to helicopters and sirens, and this will probably continue through the night.
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/02/europe/vienna-shooting-intl/index.htmlThat's no something we're used to in this little country.
This is truly not meant as glib; with automatic weapons in six locations and only 18 people hit, we should all be glad that they were lousy shots. Here's hoping the injured all pull through and the remaining shooters are are caught quickly.

Are those numbers interest or APR?
APR. According to my FICO score from my credit cards and bank (you know, that 'free' score that they give you that seems ridiculously low, no matter what you do?), no way I qualified, but apparently there's Auto Fico, Credit Card Fico, Mortgage Fico.....even the guy at the bank and the lady at the mortgage company were at a loss to explain it all.

We were only a little over a year since buying the house, and thought it wasn't going to benefit us, but our mortgage lady ran the numbers, we slept on it, and signed the papers the next day, paid cash for the fees, and have since replenished that cash money plus some with the difference in monthly payments.

Last edited:
This was last week, but I went out to a boat we're working on and there was something missing in the engine room.

IMG_2972.JPG

That's the oil pan for a 1500-HP V12 Caterpillar engine. The gearbox (single reduction ratio with forward, neutral, and reverse) is in the background, and the propeller shaft is out of view on the other side of that. I assume the rest of the engine is out at the shop for overhaul. I haven't seen Caterpillars done like that, but there's a first time for everything. On a different boat years ago, there was an oil pan with a top end floating above it and empty space in between except for 4 spindly little rods holding up the top end. The 16 or so cylinders were all taken out for maintenance.

In case you were wondering, an oil change will set you back 162 gallons for the engine pictured.

Back