What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry if I offended you or anyone else here, @jqavins, that was never my intention. I was just running with the lingo. As I said in my post, 'All said in good fun'. I treat TRF as my hangout place to relax and enjoy myself with a bunch of like minded mates.

I thought a public apology on the forum was better than a private message to you to explain myself.

Again, no offence was meant.

Worked on wiring in and installing a Ring motion light /camera. Admired the work the fence guys are doing replacing my decrepit cedar fence with a vinyl one. Discovered the neighbors behind us have a couple chickens that Really like scratching for bugs in my wifes flower bed after the old fence came down (wife was not pleased--suspect I may have fried chicken for dinner tomorrow).

I'm sorry if I offended you or anyone else here, @jqavins, that was never my intention. I was just running with the lingo. As I said in my post, 'All said in good fun'. I treat TRF as my hangout place to relax and enjoy myself with a bunch of like minded mates.
No offense taken. Honestly, at first I thought it was a typo and my first post on the subject was, like yours, all in fun (and to find out what word you intended). Your explanation made it all clear, including your intention, and my second was in the same spirit (or at least intended to be).

A "hangout place to relax and enjoy myself with a bunch of like minded mates" is a perfect description. And as such, we kid and even tease each other now and then. That's all I took from it; if that wasn't clear then it's I who owes you an apology.

In the office to check & validate my parts, and (more correctly) validate the test jig!

And to re-calibrate the 3D printer bed!!

No-one asked about 'Drongo', so I'll volunteer...

A Drongo is a large bird, and also the name of a racehorse from the 1920's. Sired by a Melbourne Cup winner and a descendent of Carbine (legendary Oz racehorse) he also had a great jockey, but never won any of the 37 starts he had. Wouldabeen, shouldabeen, couldabeen champion. Hence a 'Drongo' is an also-ran, a loser.

And my wife really isn't a two-pot screamer, she's more a legendary philosopher. :D

We have the term 'Seppies" which refer the "separatists" the ones who want Quebec to separate from the rest of Canada. it is a bit of an insult to them.

And "Quebecois" French isn't 'Parisienne' French.. Like how "English" [commonwealth] English differs from "American" English (and maybe also Ozzi / Kiwi English, despite the "commonwealth" label..)

We have the term 'Seppies" which refer the "separatists" the ones who want Quebec to separate from the rest of Canada. it is a bit of an insult to them.

And "Quebecois" French isn't 'Parisienne' French.. Like how "English" [commonwealth] English differs from "American" English (and maybe also Ozzi / Kiwi English, despite the "commonwealth" label..)
It is amazing how accents and dialects develop. Just the physical separation seems to do it.
Also, Poutine is very good!

Can confirm about Quebecois-in high school I had a native Quebecois speaker in my French class. There is a joke running around that Quebecois isn’t a language, it’s more of a throat disease. I believe that High German speakers feel much the same way about Swiss German.

Poutine is very good!

:D Which one?! :D (It's like saying "BBQ ribs"!!)

Classic Poutine (with thick cut fries, thick gravy, and real genuine "squeaky" cheese curds)

Poutine with added toppings?
  • Smoked meat!
  • a hot dog buried deep inside?!
  • With a different [$$$] type of cheese (Brie, Swiss, Oka, etc..)
  • with ground up hamburger,
  • Mexican style
  • Italian style
  • and Adam Savage's favorite: Fois Gras!

https://fritealors.com/en/type/poutines-en/

:D Which one?! :D (It's like saying "BBQ ribs"!!)

Classic Poutine (with thick cut fries, thick gravy, and real genuine "squeaky" cheese curds)

Poutine with added toppings?
  • Smoked meat!
  • a hot dog buried deep inside?!
  • With a different [$$$] type of cheese (Brie, Swiss, Oka, etc..)
  • with ground up hamburger,
  • Mexican style
  • Italian style
  • and Adam Savage's favorite: Fois Gras!

https://fritealors.com/en/type/poutines-en/
Good point! I had "classic" last year when I was in Montreal on business. But I can see where there is plenty of room for embellishment! I do forget the name of the restaurant, unfortunately, but it was not fast food. It was near a coil shop we were working with, and quite nice.
And who's this Adam Savage guy? Isn't that the fellow on another thread around here that likes the optical center punch? Oh, I know... I could google the fellow...

Haha! when 'Myth Busters' came to MTL for our annual 'Just for laughs' festival, Adam came on stage and said: "I have a new favorite, Poutine Fois Gras!!! Thank you Montreal!

(Thru the festival, I've seen live: Myth Busters, Family guy (twice) The Simpsons, South Park and Sponge Bob. Its a live reading of "a script" by the cast..)

Where in Montreal were you Tom?

Hmm, it'll be a bit to remember. We flew into Montreal, of course, and stayed at the Marriot downtown, or something owned by them. A bit rich for my taste, but nice. Then we had a nice driving tour of the city past the (former) Olympic facilities to an industrial park, and the restaurant was near there. Then we had to go up to Three Rivers to a large, very nice fabrication shop. It was mid-winter and you had a nice covering of snow.

Hmm, it'll be a bit to remember. We flew into Montreal, of course, and stayed at the Marriot downtown, or something owned by them. A bit rich for my taste, but nice. Then we had a nice driving tour of the city past the (former) Olympic facilities to an industrial park, and the restaurant was near there. Then we had to go up to Three Rivers to a large, very nice fabrication shop. It was mid-winter and you had a nice covering of snow.

Ahh, the "east end" of the island. Predominantly French & blue collar. I live on the west end "the west island" predominantly English

And, yeah, the "Big Owe".. What we call the Olympic stadium, because of the cost overruns & maintenance are in the near billions, for a stadium that has no sports teams, acoustically negative for concerts, and and is closed half the year due to the threat of 'bad weather' tearing the fabric roof (again, and again, and again!!) We all want it torn down, but oh no, it's a legacy!!!

Some great fishing up near Trois-Rivieres!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/montreal-olympic-stadium-problems-1.4397761

Ahh, the "east end" of the island. Predominantly French & blue collar. I live on the west end "the west island" predominantly English

And, yeah, the "Big Owe".. What we call the Olympic stadium, because of the cost overruns & maintenance are in the near billions, for a stadium that has no sports teams, acoustically negative for concerts, and and is closed half the year due to the threat of 'bad weather' tearing the fabric roof (again, and again, and again!!) We all want it torn down, but oh no, it's a legacy!!!

Some great fishing up near Trois-Rivieres!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/montreal-olympic-stadium-problems-1.4397761
Ah, nothing like gov't to come up with these boondoggles! The legacy of busted-down, left-over Olympic stuff around the world is sad indeed, though one must admit the Games themselves are marvelous.

I saw many fishing cabins sitting out on the iced-over St. Lawrence on the way to Trois-Rivieres. Some were quite cozy looking!

If I get up there again I'll try to give you a shout - though usually our schedules are packed up...

Back