What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing better than a bowl of good vanilla ice cream with a good Irish cream on it.
Matter of taste. Irish creme over ice cream is darn good. There is (was?) a winery in the Shawangunk Mountains of New York that makes (made?) a strawberry wine, sweet but not as sweet as you might think, with full bodied strawberry flavor that just can (could) not be beat over vanilla ice cream, for my taste. Pretty darn good in an Apéritif glass too.

EDIT: Looks like it's Baldwin Vineyards, and very much still there.

Last edited:
Well, not today, but on Sunday. After I finished throwing myself a pity party about not being able to attend the Tripoli Minnesota launch due to no spectators. And, generally being annoyed with this whole covid-19 ordeal. I loaded up my boat and went musky fishing. I got a 44", 46", and a 49". Plus had two others come unbuttoned. All and all a pretty good day.20200712_131042.jpg

Attachments

• 20200712_131037.jpg
    20200712_131037.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 18
Started mowing the front yard. Wife left the end of some bird netting sticking out into the grass. Mower liked the bird netting so much that I spent an hour and a half on hot driveway, removing the blades and untangling the netting from everything. Continued mowing. Mower started surging and finally it quit. So did I. The internet is wonderful; I've found out how to fix the surging problem. Need to wait til morning so the mower is cool enough to touch. So all I can do now is stay in air-conditioned comfort, drinking beverages and reading TRF... :cheers:

Well, not today, but on Sunday. After I finished throwing myself a pity party about not being able to attend the Tripoli Minnesota launch due to no spectators. And, generally being annoyed with this whole covid-19 ordeal. I loaded up my boat and went musky fishing. I got a 44", 46", and a 49". Plus had two others come unbuttoned. All and all a pretty good day.View attachment 424466
@Ulexis Where in MN? I grew up in Duluth & I have family over near Fergus Fals.

Found a fix for the surging problem with the mower. Very simple: buy a new one. There was so much crud on the engine and other parts of the old one that after blowing it "clean" with 100psi air, I still couldn't find all the fasteners. I've gotten 15 years from it, purchase was well under 1K, so I'm satisfied.

Wife wanted to get a Ryobi Zero-Turn radius electric mower. Read some of the problems, decided that the technology just wasn't yet mature enough for the reliability I was looking for. Especially since it costs 1300 more than the Cub Cadet I'm looking at.

Best -- Terry

Found a fix for the surging problem with the mower. Very simple: buy a new one. There was so much crud on the engine and other parts of the old one that after blowing it "clean" with 100psi air, I still couldn't find all the fasteners. I've gotten 15 years from it, purchase was well under 1K, so I'm satisfied.

Wife wanted to get a Ryobi Zero-Turn radius electric mower. Read some of the problems, decided that the technology just wasn't yet mature enough for the reliability I was looking for. Especially since it costs 1300 more than the Cub Cadet I'm looking at.

Best -- Terry
Good choice.

I purchased an Ego electric mower about a year back. Very happy. 600W motor IIRC. Was about $800AUD. Happy not having to get fuel and oil nowadays, and starting is a breeze for my father inlaw who is in his 80's and likes to mow our lawn.

Earlier this week, while looking for other tools, I pulled out a hatchet that desperately needed some love. Rust that went beyond the surface causing discoloration and pitting, as well as a few small nicks in the edge. After some quality time with a grinder and a metal file, and a three coats of paint, she's ready to go back in the tool drawer.

Attachments

• IMG_20200715_190603190.jpg
    IMG_20200715_190603190.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I ate some chicken breast that wasn't cooked good enough and then threw it all back up 3 hours later, so I won't be eating any chicken for awhile.
Went to a local restaurant once and ordered a grilled chicken sandwich. Without thinking about it the waitress asked how I wanted it cooked. My response was "um....done?"

Cleaned up my garage after finishing installing the engine I rebuilt in my Grandson's Honda Civic. One more chore off the list!!

I took a very satisfying but also very blazingly hot walk through the neighborhood and found some local sidewalk art to appreciate.

IMG_9112.JPG

Then I finally got my hands on a Japanese edition of (what I consider) the hilarious manga about a cat that owns a ramen shop in Tokyo. I know some Japanese, though not enough, so I slowly translated the first page. It's probably a very acquired taste, especially in the US, but we all have our "things." Or I at least think that we do... 😐

猫ラーメン = "Cat Ramen," meaning made by a cat, not made of cats. I just wanted to clear that up. :D

IMG_9114.JPG

Lastly, I finally scored over 100,000 in an excellent online edition of the 1980s classic Wizard of Wor (which only seems to work on Chrome).

See?

WOW.png

Last edited:
Got ready to nail new siding to the front of the workshop. Bottom ends of siding are too close to the "splash" of rain. Sawed off the rotted parts. Stopped, because removing the rotten stuff revealed a wasp nest. When it's dark tonight I'll take the bug spray and show them what human beings can do.

Got ready to nail new siding to the front of the workshop. Bottom ends of siding are too close to the "splash" of rain. Sawed off the rotted parts. Stopped, because removing the rotten stuff revealed a wasp nest. When it's dark tonight I'll take the bug spray and show them what human beings can do.
Better living through better chemistry!

Back