What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That saved a ton of work and looks great. I’m curious why he used PVC instead of PEX?

The "he" you are referring to would be me, and I had to look up PEX to find out what you were talking about. Most of the fittings I used were left over from building rocket racks, and the six fittings and valve that I needed were purchased in one trip to Home Depot, with mask and sanitizer. The handyman gave me tips to help me do the job, but didn't help do it.
Reading up on PEX, it has the same vulnerability to UV light, but is more resistant to freezing, which may never occur on the South side of my house. Much different in Montana I presume....

yup, rainbows!

On a fly I hope!! :D
Yes indeed, limit was 5 so I kept 5 (only 4 in the picture) all were about 12" . Caught on a casting bubble with a black woolley worm fly. Right now the water temps are still cold in the lakes so the fish are nice and firm. One area I fished today every cast for an hour got a strike, and due to my glasses I could see 40+ fish stacked in a 40' sq area. Too bad I couldnt get any of the big ones I could see to bite.

Hiking in Roaring Plains West Wilderness in West Virginia. Discovered an old remnant of the logging era. The spruce forest that grew here was logged around the turn of the 20th. century.1590588516327.png

Yesterday I went fabric shopping with my wife and roamed the store while she searched for what she needed to finish a quilt project. While roaming, I found these cool pegboard organizers (a basket and a tool holder . Better yet, my lady had a 60 percent off coupon at checkout so I got both of them for a little over $5.00. IMG_20200527_090348932.jpgIMG_20200527_090405438.jpg

“Landscape goats” are a thing out here in California. Goats will eat pretty much anything while sheep will only eat the soft green stuff.

I won’t mention the “yoga goats”.

That’s definitely a California thing.

Up here in WA too. Goats are the best way to get rid of the invasive blackberries, especially on a slope. Often, they're cheaper than getting a Bobcat (machinery, not feline! 😀) to do the same job.

Up here in WA too. Goats are the best way to get rid of the invasive blackberries, especially on a slope. Often, they're cheaper than getting a Bobcat (machinery, not feline! 😀) to do the same job.
Bobcat (feline, not machinery) would take care of the goat problem.

Bobcat (feline, not machinery) would take care of the goat problem.

Goats are *mean*. One of my co-workers had one that used to beat up the German Shepherd down the street and steal its lunch money. Bobcats might be a little small depending on what kind of goats they are. Cougars, definitely could do it though they might not choose to go after a herd. Your best bet may be a wolf pack. 😀

I worked today and came home to discover that the Chocolate Habanero seeds I started have finally germinated. Hopefully they will be ready to plant this weekend. I started some Ghost Pepper seeds in an Aerogarden and that one took off and is ready to be moved to soil and hardened for life outdoors.

PSX_20200527_201907.jpg

Today, I rented an electric car.

Because:

1. My aging v6 is at the shop.

2. I’m a technoholic who needs to know how ev’s work just as much.

3. I get a peculiar sense of serenity each time I see car plugged in a wall.

4. A long time ago, a guy invited me to do research on lithium batteries at his lab. I had to refuse, but I’m amazed at how far the work has progressed and support it as best I can.

Today, I rented an electric car.

Because:

1. My aging v6 is at the shop.

2. I’m a technoholic who needs to know how ev’s work just as much.

3. I get a peculiar sense of serenity each time I see car plugged in a wall.

4. A long time ago, a guy invited me to do research on lithium batteries at his lab. I had to refuse, but I’m amazed at how far the work has progressed and support it as best I can.

Which EV and how do you like it?

Back