What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spend the day clicking on the X on all the Google ads that consume this forum, report the ad, tell them I've seen this ad multiple times, then wait 30 seconds for the next pop-up ad to appear....lol

Been working on getting the new software defined ham radio transceiver up and running, as there are multiple programs designed to work together, but it all looks like German to me, very confusing.

I like off topic threads to see the activities that others are involved in, as long as the biased, delusion religious and political idiots are not allowed to post.

It's more what I *didn't* do. I didn't post a list of phone numbers of scammers on the west KY (and surrounding) Craigslist. Apparently someone(s) flagged a couple of my previous such posts, and complained enough that I've been suspended from posting on CL. I wonder who might have flagged and/or complained....maybe the scammers?:mad:

This is almost rocketry. I disassembled and rebuilt my airbrush. I had tried using some really cool silver paint and it really fouled up my airbrush. Now I can get back to painting.
@BruceS I was having lots of problems getting my airbrushes to work properly at first. Turns out I wasn't thinnning the paint enough. A .4mm or .5mm tip & needle are awfully small for thick paint. Since I discovered what I was doing wrong (thank God for YouTube) my airbrushing results are much better.

Sussed the charging problem on my '92 Subaru Brumby (Brat to you guys). Who would have thought 28 year old lead battery terminal clamps would crack? :rolleyes: A couple of new shiny brass ones later and we're back on the road. If you ever want to save the cables in a lead clamp, a cut-off wheel on your Dremel is a good short cut to splitting the clamps.

Been doing some more work on my driving lights and second battery to add to my Jeep. Lights are close to finished, but there is still quite a bit of work to mount and connect the battery. Ordered a new set of springs, to give it a little lift, yesterday. It is keeping me busy and sane during this COVID rubbish.

How did the paint foul up your airbrush? Did it harden inside? Or maybe attacked the o rings? I use carb cleaner to clean mine. Cuts just about anything, even Imron. Has good pressure to blast out crap. Will not make the o ring swell.
Too many metallic particles in the paint. While I had thinned it down it wasn't enough and it just clogged everything. Fortunately I had spare internal parts and just swap those out and now I can take my time cleaning off the others but it's going to take some real scrubbing.

@BruceS I was having lots of problems getting my airbrushes to work properly at first. Turns out I wasn't thinnning the paint enough. A .4mm or .5mm tip & needle are awfully small for thick paint. Since I discovered what I was doing wrong (thank God for YouTube) my airbrushing results are much better.
Exactly. all my other paints I haven't had any trouble with it was just this one extreme silver. Well you live and learn.

Bruce, just let them soak in lacquer thinner, I do all the time. If you have air you can then blow everything out. Which works well as there are a lot of tiny passages in an airbrush. Q tips are handy, as are small round brushes.

I swapped some cables out in the hi-fi rack. Went to the garage and got the wife to get down some 8ft sections of wire management duct so that I can cut them to the proper lengths for the ham radio closet. I hate seeing wires in a spaghetti mess. There's no such thing as being too clean, neat, and orderly. The thing I hate is the front of a Cracker Barrel restaurant where there is 5000 worthless items packed on the shelves, cluttering up and causing a huge eye sore.

Loaded truck bed with a bunch of metal bits/bobs for scrapyard run. Also re-screened a screen door - a much more tedious job than I had anticipated.

Sussed the charging problem on my '92 Subaru Brumby (Brat to you guys). Who would have thought 28 year old lead battery terminal clamps would crack? :rolleyes: A couple of new shiny brass ones later and we're back on the road. If you ever want to save the cables in a lead clamp, a cut-off wheel on your Dremel is a good short cut to splitting the clamps.

As a professional equipment mechanic, I do this a lot. Saves the customer having to replace the whole cable. And gets the customer going if I don't have the cable on hand. Some of our cables can be over 4 ft long, so the copper gets pricey. I have the 30" long crimper pliers for the brass terminals, but most times I just fill the cable bore with solder and stuff the cable in. This makes a secure connection that won't corrode. I only crimp when things might catch fire...

Mine's the kinda rough lookin' white 914 in the foreground. Not a whole lot of original 914 left in that rascal... :cool:

View attachment 417076View attachment 417077
Who let in the silver Accord? (says poster with a silver Accord) :)

That body kit makes some nice lines on a 914, at once the best handling and (nearly) worst looking Porsche ever. I like it a lot! I recently sold off my Dad's 71 911T. There's a doctor down in Texas driving it every week now.

Put a Tesla drive train in that and I'll take it!

Original engine is already rebuilt and runs great. I think a Tesla motor in it would give him a heart attack. He says he's going to sell it when he's done, but none of us believe him.

I've always liked the old VW bus conversions that have the hopped-up motors in them and better suspension but the problem is that if you are in an accident you are the first person there, and usually not alive.

Use CERTUTIL to View and Revoke Certificates in Active Directory Certificate Services. Watch this and you will be more confident around Active Directory Certificate Services and performing these tasks.
#CERTUTILNotAfter #CERTUTIL #NotAfter #REVOKE #PKI

Ooph, spline secured or other?

Yes, I reused the old (35+ years?) rubber spline that came out. Surprised that the rubber was in decent enough shape to be reused but I did spray and soak it with silicone before I took it out. Install would probably have been easier if I had the proper splining tool instead of just using miscellaneous small blunt tools and screwdrivers. I did binge some netflix while I did the job on the family room floor; maybe should have binged some beer too! haha

I spent the last hour or so on the phone with the doctor's assistant and the one pharmaceutical company ,and the optional company that tries to get prescriptions cost down ,and I so far have got it down from $375 a month for the one prescription down to 170. Now I'm trying to get approval from the doctor to use one of the other alternative drugs that will be covered for free by the alternate company,.... getting old blows.

I unloaded a squirrel! Had a load of sunflowers that went to Fargo, ND and low and beeehold a squirrel came out the bottom. He had rode with for several hundred miiles, a bit frazzled but ran off into the grass. Wooould have pics, but you are not allowed to have phones out of truck.

I unloaded a squirrel! Had a load of sunflowers that went to Fargo, ND and low and beeehold a squirrel came out the bottom. He had rode with for several hundred miiles, a bit frazzled but ran off into the grass. Wooould have pics, but you are not allowed to have phones out of truck.
I used to work in the LTL Freight business for USF Reddaway, once we shipped a small Rattler to another terminal in a shipment of paint drums, and another time we shipped an entire covey of quail that got into the trailer while the door was open at a outdoor dock, since it was only going about 4 hours away and was a full load for the one location we shut the door (unknowing that the quail were in there), and off it went to Portland, in both case Portland terminal dock workers got a heart attack when they opened the door, good thing about the rattler was the weather was pretty cool in the mornings so it was pretty sluggish.:)

Back