What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Ghost Pepper plants sprouted and are almost ready to transplant to some buckets outside. I have some Chocolate Habenero and Purple Jalapeno seeds I am trying some different methods of germination on as well. The Carolina Reaper seeds are still in the packet. I'm kind of scared of them, not sure if I will plant them or not.

ShotokuTech News of the Week: 16 May 2020 edition. Bringing you news stories that you might have missed because there were other news stories.
#WeirdNews #ScienceNews #TechNews #PopCultureNews

I have seen pics of the "Jug" with the back of the cockpit blown off, she brought her pilot home safe. 1" thick armored plate behind the seat. A P-51 you sat in her cramped as she was so sleak. A P-47 you could get up, stretch your legs have a cup of joe and then get back the chasing FW's. Here's a couple pics of mine.

Attachments

• TF P-47 Pengie III  #2 007.JPG
    TF P-47 Pengie III #2 007.JPG
    265.3 KB · Views: 14
  • TF P-47 Pengie III  #2 013.JPG
    TF P-47 Pengie III #2 013.JPG
    332.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0076.JPG
    IMG_0076.JPG
    330.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0078.JPG
    IMG_0078.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0063.JPG
    IMG_0063.JPG
    174 KB · Views: 14
This is not directly toward anyone individually or personally. But I gotta say- THIS IS GOT TO BE ONE OF THE MOST STUPID IDEAS FOR A THREAD I HAVE EVER SEEN!
Last time I checked the name of the forum was the ROCKETRY Forum. So why are we posting about 'What I Did Today INSTEAD of Rocketry?!' Why should anyone care about planes or who washed a deck or grilled a steak, whatever?! That would be like me preaching about the Gospel of Jesus the Christ, which IS what I care the most about. EXCEPT this is a ROCKETRY forum, right? But it seems like all I have to say is, 'Well I didn't do rocketry stuff today so let me just preach at you all instead.' There's a place for that, just not specifically here.
I have a novel idea for a ROCKETRY forum- let's get back to ROCKETRY, ok? :rolleyes:

1) This is the Watering Hole. Go read the forum description.
2) This thread has 940 replies (including this one). Apparently others feel differently.
3) No one forced you to read this thread
4) There's a nifty "Ignore Thread" button at the top if it bothers you so much. Click it and you won't ever see it again.

This is not directly toward anyone individually or personally. But I gotta say- THIS IS GOT TO BE ONE OF THE MOST STUPID IDEAS FOR A THREAD I HAVE EVER SEEN!
Last time I checked the name of the forum was the ROCKETRY Forum. So why are we posting about 'What I Did Today INSTEAD of Rocketry?!' Why should anyone care about planes or who washed a deck or grilled a steak, whatever?! That would be like me preaching about the Gospel of Jesus the Christ, which IS what I care the most about. EXCEPT this is a ROCKETRY forum, right? But it seems like all I have to say is, 'Well I didn't do rocketry stuff today so let me just preach at you all instead.' There's a place for that, just not specifically here.
I have a novel idea for a ROCKETRY forum- let's get back to ROCKETRY, ok? :rolleyes:
That's like saying, "We're at a rocketry launch! Don't talk about anything but rocketry!"

If the thread bothers you that much, just ignore it.

On the TTGO T-Display, mix example sketches in the Arduino IDE into a web server that changes content based on which button is pressed. The web client syncs with the web server. Both display the current state.
#TTGOT-Display #TTGO #T-Display #ArduinoIDE

Went to a "cars and coffee" this morning over in Killeen (yes, I was armed...:p).

Pretty good turn-out, I reckon. Wasn't sure if it would be just a few folks or packed because everyone was over being in the house. Turned out to be kinda in between.

These are the cars from all our shop guys. Mine's the kinda rough lookin' white 914 in the foreground. Not a whole lot of original 914 left in that rascal... :cool:

20200517_110616.jpg20200517_110730.jpg20200517_110738.jpg

Went to a "cars and coffee" this morning over in Killeen (yes, I was armed...:p).

Pretty good turn-out, I reckon. Wasn't sure if it would be just a few folks or packed because everyone was over being in the house. Turned out to be kinda in between.

These are the cars from all our shop guys. Mine's the kinda rough lookin' white 914 in the foreground. Not a whole lot of original 914 left in that rascal... :cool:
Killeen, Texas?

Of course it was. Hottest/Coldest place on the planet.

Brings back memories of my time spent there courtesy of my Uncle Sam. I even graduated from the junior college out in Copperas Cove while I was there. Not sure how I managed that as I spent 10 days out of every 30 out in the field on “maneuvers” but somehow managed to do so.

I swam in the Cowhouse Creek back then which according to Army folklore destined me to return to Texas.

Which I did.

And wound up in a hospital in Amarillo.

And never got to see the Cadillac Ranch.

It figures.

This is almost rocketry. I disassembled and rebuilt my airbrush. I had tried using some really cool silver paint and it really fouled up my airbrush. Now I can get back to painting.

This is almost rocketry. I disassembled and rebuilt my airbrush. I had tried using some really cool silver paint and it really fouled up my airbrush. Now I can get back to painting.
Uh-oh. It's almost rocketry, so the Thread Police are going to come and chastise you for posting in the wrong thread! [grin]

It's all good.

How did the paint foul up your airbrush? Did it harden inside? Or maybe attacked the o rings? I use carb cleaner to clean mine. Cuts just about anything, even Imron. Has good pressure to blast out crap. Will not make the o ring swell.

Uh-oh. It's almost rocketry, so the Thread Police are going to come and chastise you for posting in the wrong thread!
I guess we need a thread for "What I did today that was almost rocketry but not exactly". ;)
I am not forum savoy, but if someone has 30 posts in 8 years and is an #%@&*. Is that what they call a troll :)
Enough? How about we drop it?

I for one enjoy this thread. Why? Because it shows what people do besides rocketry. People have various interests. For example, I'm an ATM, Amateur Telescope Maker and I grind & polish telescope mirrors on machines I have made.

I didn't know that @Mugs914 was a Porche nut. Now I do. A close friend of mine has always been into Porches. So I find this thread as a way to know more about people and what they enjoy doing. :headspinning:

I was asking a question, as I do not know what makes that. Don't want to be considered that myself. But as far as this thread goes, I look at it before the "what I did for rocketry" one. Mainly cause it alerts me first. But I am also glad as I may have a new flyer come to our launches in North Branch.

I was asking a question, as I do not know what makes that. Don't want to be considered that myself. But as far as this thread goes, I look at it before the "what I did for rocketry" one. Mainly cause it alerts me first. But I am also glad as I may have a new flyer come to our launches in North Branch.
@David Schwantz who? Me? Yup, I'll probably make it to a launch. Kind of sorta depends on this COVID-19. I'd rather be 6 feet apart than 6 feet under. ;)

Know that thought! My biggest concern is my wife, I do not want to bring it home to her as she already has a lung problem.
Can't have launches until the 10 person limit is lifted. Our launches will have 100 fliers or so. How do you choose who gets to come? But there is always lots to see and do. If it is wet, bring muck boots. there are drainage ditches. Hope you will be able to make it.

Back