What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to Walmart for some birdseed and thought I would get some BB's because I'm running low on lead. I did the self check out. Since when are BB's a restricted item. You have to be 18 to buy BB's. That's crazy. When I was 16 I would go to the local hardware store and buy .22 and 20ga ammo. Now I know that was the Dark Ages but BB's restricted.
I'm surprised that Nevada would require you be 18. I could see one of the Eastern states, but not Nevada. That's not a national law is it?
I actually had some kid ID me for something when I was in my forties. I thanked him. No one askes for my ID now.
I shoot a lot of airsoft now. They probably don't have any restrictions on that.

I'm surprised that Nevada would require you be 18. I could see one of the Eastern states, but not Nevada. That's not a national law is it?
I actually had some kid ID me for something when I was in my forties. I thanked him. No one askes for my ID now.
I shoot a lot of airsoft now. They probably don't have any restrictions on that.
I shoot lots of Air rifle in my back yard (live in the country) and love it!!!! 5 airguns and lots of pellets! Actually one of my air rifles cost more than a .22 powder rifle in the same caliber.

LG~

I shoot lots of Air rifle in my back yard (live in the country) and love it!!!! 5 airguns and lots of pellets! Actually one of my air rifles cost more than a .22 powder rifle in the same caliber.

LG~
I have to do most of my shooting downstairs. The city doesn't let you do much of anything.
I haven't gone PCP yet. Too much money. But I have a tons of other pellet and airsoft guns.
I like shooting pistols more than rifles, but I might feel differently if I could shoot outdoors. I got pretty good, for a while. Out of practice now.
If you want a really accurate, really cheap pistol, the Beeman P17 is amazing.

I have to do most of my shooting downstairs. The city doesn't let you do much of anything.
I haven't gone PCP yet. Too much money. But I have a tons of other pellet and airsoft guns.
I like shooting pistols more than rifles, but I might feel differently if I could shoot outdoors. I got pretty good, for a while. Out of practice now.
If you want a really accurate, really cheap pistol, the Beeman P17 is amazing.
I have a Crossman 2240 and it shoots JSB Hades extremely well at over 25yds, I also love my Gamo Fusion Whisperer with the 10X mag in .22 cal. I was shooting last week before the Snowmageddon that is here today and yesterday.

I just meant the photo-etched metal sheets that you bend into shape.
Ah. I was taking "concept as Metal Earth" as the concept of full model kits versus Paragrafix's concept of accessories to add to other companies' models.

Got back from a few days at Warburton. Needed a break after much work during 2020, especially my wife. We went up to a BnB and had a relaxing time. Lots of walking (bush tracks and waterfalls to see), which showed us how unfit we have become. I think I found the highest density of hippies and eco warriors this side of Cape Byron (place, not person). We even got a harp and flute recital to see us off at the end of the stay. Lots of serious 4WD vehicles in the area too, as it is close to some really nice 4x4 tracks. Very relaxing few days.

Work is about to start on an $11 Million mountain bike track in the Warburton / Wesburn area. You'll have to give that a ride when it's done! Should have let me know you were in town, could have caught up for a coffee and a chakra alignment!

Work is about to start on an $11 Million mountain bike track in the Warburton / Wesburn area. You'll have to give that a ride when it's done! Should have let me know you were in town, could have caught up for a coffee and a chakra alignment!
I had forgotten you were there! Maybe next time. Yes, the MTB track is not a favourite of the locals. They don't like the idea of the extra people it will bring to the town. I assume you know the cafe "Little Joe" in town? Recommended.

Contracted some kind of filthy lurgy over the weekend. Back to school here in NSW meant being out in public with other stressed out parents doing last minute shopping, (What do you mean you lost your shoes? Again?). Off for a test complete with a Niagra of the nostrils and a cough that cuts like a bandsaw.

On a high note, Covid test results were back in 9 hours and I'm negative.

Though not model rocketry, models of rockets ...
For a miniatures game from here, https://shop.hydraminiatures.com/
50889000731_abef78edc9_z.jpg

50889012571_06c82deaa0_z.jpg

50889130447_7e469a696f_z.jpg

50892963343_62d3ed8f1f_z.jpg

50830973227_422bd4e38e_z.jpg

50868677427_72f892193a_z.jpg
Very nice. I've been doing some static modelling myself. Really helps with dexterity. Makes me think in new ways about how best to complete a project. They display in a much smaller space than flying models as well.

Jim

Thanks!
Makes me think in new ways about how best to complete a project.
On these the 'how best to' seems to be consistently turning out to require sawing things apart then drilling holes in the parts.
Can't say I am at all disappointed about that! 😄

Went to the hospital to have a Blood Gas test done, ordered by the Pulmonologist . A blood gas test measures the amount of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the blood. It may also be used to determine the pH of the blood, or how acidic it is. I think this is part of the requirement to have a portable oxygen bottle here at the house.

Been tearing down an old 14'x20' shed in the backyard, I think it's winning the battle 😆

I briefly thought about lighting it on fire 😂
Of course I came to my senses and didn't do that!

Safety first, so I continued with power saws, sledge hammers and stepping on rusty nails and going to CVS for a tetenas shot booster. :(
I like fire and that would be the way to go, I hate nails in my foot!!

Back