Quantcast

What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

teepot

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Watched the snow melt. Our little corner of Southern Nevada got 2 inches of snow last night. Snow on the valley floor is rare. It was gone by 2pm. The road into Vegas was closed overnight. It goes over a 5000' pass. And there can't be more than a few snowplows around here.

Attachments

hobie1dog

Reaction score
Went and did my lung test today, then went to the lung doctor. Thankfully my results were the same as 6 months ago. Lungs are down to 30 % efficiency. They are going to get me a new breathing machine called a Trilogy model instead of the BiPAP machine that I use for breathing during the night.
There will be no cold weather launching for me as going out in weather below 60 degrees causes me to have big-time bronchial spasms which leaves me gasping for air even with two double mask on, and that's just going 50 foot from the door to the car. the local Club does not launch after the spring because of the crops going in, so I will have to drive probably 2 hours to go into South Carolina to launch with them in the warmer weather as they are on a sod field.

boatgeek

Reaction score
Need a bigger car. Looking online for some ideas... This could be the ticket...

I've seen a few lifted 4WD VW Vanagons around here. They're a bit silly, but IMHO less silly than that render.

Mugs914

"A crummy commercial..!!??"
Reaction score

Cape Byron

The BAR formerly known as Skippy-2
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
What about an Oka? Very capable 4wd built in Oz.

Nice! Not sure about the price tag though:

Mugs914

"A crummy commercial..!!??"
Reaction score

NateB

Reaction score
Made a few referrals to Webull after Robinhood froze some securities due to volatility from r/wallstreetbets. Made a some gains off that ride in a small account, but my real retirement is mostly in funds with some that took a small hit. They'll come back though. I'm actually surprised that a relatively small group of people can break the algorithms from the computer trades.

tab28682

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Did something today that is going to help make both of my hobbies, RC aircraft and rocketry, more fun and productive.

Retired today after nearly 35 years at Lockheed Martin Aeronautics in Fort Worth. (Some of those years were General Dynamics.)

I see a lot more flying aud launching in the future!