Quantcast

What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

teepot

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Went to the grocery store. Toilet paper isle was empty. Here we go again. Rumer has it the Governor is going to shut Nevada down again.

Wayco

Desert Rat Rocketeer
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday, I picked up some groceries for my 94 year old mother, then delivered them to her. After that I set up job files for Sharon, my boss and loving wife....

PatD

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Finally getting around to bottling the wine (30 gal) and hard cider (15 gal) I made this past summer. I think home brewers/winemakers spend 75% of their time cleaning and sanitizing, either that or I'm doing it wrong?
If you don't have one of these they decrease the amount of attended time for cleaning. Put it on and let it run while you are doing something else. Keg and carboy washer
I added the keg connectors so the inlet and outlet gets cleaned too.

Last edited:

KC3KNM

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Tell me more about this machine. What does it do exactly?
Tool holder bores are undersized, this machine uses an induction heater to heat up the tool holder enough to allow a tool to slip into the bore. When cooled it shrinks back down around the tool and provides quite a bit of clamping force.

jqavins

Helpful Smartass
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday, my daughter had a positive COVID test. She's away at college, and the school seems to be handling toe pandemic very well. She's having a second test today, of the viral RNA type, to confirm. Fingers crossed.

neil_w

Marginally Stable
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday, my daughter had a positive COVID test. She's away at college, and the school seems to be handling toe pandemic very well. She's having a second test today, of the viral RNA type, to confirm. Fingers crossed.
Sending positive thoughts your (and her) way.

Funkworks

Reaction score
I tried to make pizza but the instructions said to leave it on the cardboard plate it came on and when I got it out of the oven, the pizza was stuck on the cardboard plate. So I had to "slice" the pizza in the sense of making it thinner, just to get it off the cardboard.

The result is that my pizza was so thin it couldn't hold itself together. I took a picture, but no one would understand it and I don't care to explain it.

SeanW78

Reaction score
Piled more leaves onto the pile that hasn't been picked up by the township in nearly a month until I couldn't see what I was blowing.

hobie1dog

Hi-Fi Nut
Reaction score
got up early ....listen to the ham radio Goobers, went to the Mexican restaurant for lunch, came back and sprayed the last two clear coats of polyurethane on the handrails for my sons house they recently bought. went to the man cave tonight and one of the other cigar smokers came by and we had a great time talking about all kinds of good stuff like rockets and Stereos.

Greg Furtman

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I tried to make pizza but the instructions said to leave it on the cardboard plate it came on and when I got it out of the oven, the pizza was stuck on the cardboard plate. So I had to "slice" the pizza in the sense of making it thinner, just to get it off the cardboard.

The result is that my pizza was so thin it couldn't hold itself together. I took a picture, but no one would understand it and I don't care to explain it.
Never leave a pizza on the cardboard! Trust me, I know the results. ;) What kind of pizza was it? I'll avoid them.

OverTheTop

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Went for a nice drive to a winery for lovely lunch to celebrate my wife's and my birthdays earlier in the year. We were in lockdown back then so couldn't get out.

tsmith1315

Reaction score
Put together a variac/dim bulb tester that's been fussing at me from the corner for a while. Christmas is coming up and I want to look into getting our 1946 Magnavox AM/phono console making music. Hopefully it won't need much and we can use it for atmosphere over the holidays. There's a perfect little shelf inside for a CD player, and an extra input where the optional FM tuner isn't connected.

DBT.jpg
IMG_20200308_133401768c.jpg

boatgeek

Reaction score
Cleaned the roof today where the old solar panels had been. The new solar panels go up tomorrow. Washing crud off a metal roof is no fun.

hobie1dog

Hi-Fi Nut
Reaction score
After having our night cut short by a woman who buzzed all the doors in the condos at 2:00 am, then came down the hallway after a lady buzzed her in when she said she was being being chased by a man who was trying to kill her. My wife went into the hallway only to be met by the lady coming towards her with long kitchen knives in each hand. Another lady popped out of her door to start screaming, followed by the guy upstairs hollaring at her to drop the knives as he pointed his gun at her. She did, then they found out she thought it was 2010 and George W. Bush was president. 10 cop cars showed up and carted her away. We live in a very nice neighborhood, really.

met my son and grandson for lunch at the sub shop, delivered the handrails to my sons house that my wife and i sanded down and refinished for his house he recently bought.

Latest posts