What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Cl(VII)

Chris Bender, Lab Rat
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
I’ve been chasing a brown out gremlin around my house for a month, and it finally got so bad yesterday that I had to call an electrician. He checked out the panel, and told me to call the utility company as he thought it was the meter or underground feed. So I called the power company and within an hour they confirmed they had a bad connection in the alley and fixed it.

Best part, it Didn’t cost me anything! That electrician is now my electrician if I ever need one though. He wouldn’t take payment, said he doesn’t charge to diagnose an issue, just fix it. He came out on a Saturday of a holiday weekend, and wouldn’t take a nickel.

Greg Furtman

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been chasing a brown out gremlin around my house for a month, and it finally got so bad yesterday that I had to call an electrician. He checked out the panel, and told me to call the utility company as he thought it was the meter or underground feed. So I called the power company and within an hour they confirmed they had a bad connection in the alley and fixed it.

Best part, it Didn’t cost me anything! That electrician is now my electrician if I ever need one though. He wouldn’t take payment, said he doesn’t charge to diagnose an issue, just fix it. He came out on a Saturday of a holiday weekend, and wouldn’t take a nickel.
Yes, having 2 hot 120VAC wires and a good ground make a huge difference.

John Kemker

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Cooked wings, fries and onion rings with the future brother-in-law then enjoyed them with future nephew, fiancee' and FBIL.

o1d_dude

'I battle gravity'
Reaction score
Helped SWMBO make honeysuckle jelly (never heard of that one) and I made a reduced-calorie chicken, pasta, and broccoli alfredo. Maybe I need to post the recipe on the TRF Cookbook.

Best -- Terry
Oh, my.

The smell of honeysuckle and I am 5 years old again in Mrs. Reinhart’s garden drinking the nectar out of the honeysuckle blossoms...

They say memories associated with smells are the most persistent. I do believe that to be true.

David Schwantz

Reaction score
Layed rock to park trailer on. Painted entry door from garage to mud room. Painted main entry exterior. Bagged a tree for the neighbor. Mowed grass. Cleaned garage floor. Went to Menards, bought stuff, with mask on correctly. Oh, I know I should not post this here but I printed a NC and fins for a HoJo.

JamesS

Reaction score
Tried baking my moms banana nut bread recipe. As usual, it didn't come out like I remember hers. I swear, secret technique(s) were left out when she wrote down her recipe's, either that or they were calibrated to her specific oven she used back in the day.

John Kemker

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Straightened up the workbench, in preparation for finishing assembly of my Tevo Tarantula.

Wayco

Desert Rat Rocketeer
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Fixed a leak. Got our water bill last Friday and found that our usage had doubled. Called the city water company and they sent a guy out to help me troubleshoot. Leak was in the drip watering system under a 20 ft. slab of flagstone entryway. Rather than tear it all out, a local handyman came up with a great idea, install a new back flow valve on the nearby hose bib and bypass the leak with a new system.
new PVC.jpg

So now I have a 10 ft. trench to fill in instead of replacing a flagstone patio entrance.

mbeels

Yes balsa
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Are you going to electrify the motor, or go with the traditional glow plug?
I have an O.S. .10 that would probably be about right for it, maybe a bit mild, but that's alright. Or a Fox .25 that I could throttle down. Actually, I think I have a K&B .20 which would be a good option. So honestly, I don't know!

Charles_McG

Ciderwright
Reaction score
Do have a link about what they do?

I have 2 5bbl (barrel - 31 gal) bright tanks something like this:

Steve Shannon

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Fixed a leak. Got our water bill last Friday and found that our usage had doubled. Called the city water company and they sent a guy out to help me troubleshoot. Leak was in the drip watering system under a 20 ft. slab of flagstone entryway. Rather than tear it all out, a local handyman came up with a great idea, install a new back flow valve on the nearby hose bib and bypass the leak with a new system.
View attachment 418287

So now I have a 10 ft. trench to fill in instead of replacing a flagstone patio entrance.
That saved a ton of work and looks great. I’m curious why he used PVC instead of PEX?

David Schwantz

Reaction score
Tried baking my moms banana nut bread recipe. As usual, it didn't come out like I remember hers. I swear, secret technique(s) were left out when she wrote down her recipe's, either that or they were calibrated to her specific oven she used back in the day.
Same with my Mom. I finally figured out what it was. Something only a Mother can put in, and it did not come out of a box.

Greg Furtman

TRF Supporter
Reaction score

I have 2 5bbl (barrel - 31 gal) bright tanks something like this:
Charles, thanks for the links. So many things to learn.

Charles_McG

Ciderwright
Reaction score
Charles, thanks for the links. So many things to learn.
I also make bottle conditioned (sparkle generated by fermentation) cider/perry. I use the traditional champagne method, so I riddle and disgorge the yeast back out of the bottle after the CO2 is produced.

The bright tanks are for force carbonating cider - dissolving CO2 from a tank into the cider from fine bubbles made by pushing the CO2 through a sintered metal carbonation 'stone'.

Latest posts