What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every now and then someone comes out with another bear proof cooler, with a new puzzle lock latch. At first the bears are frustrated by the lock and rip the tops off the coolers, and then they figure the locks out in a year or two.

cut some cable management plastic duct to the proper lengths to use in the ham shack and the audio rack. The roll of velcro arrived today so I got my wife to put it on the mic boom to hold the cable in place. Watched lots of concerts on YouTube today.

Went to the medical offices today for a routine blood test and then stopped at the local grocery store.

Observations: Lots of traffic, lots of people out and about, minimal masking...mostly just the geezers like me.

Picked up another four pack of El Segundo Brewing “Steve Austin’s Broken Skull IPA”. I’m not usually a fan of IPA because the bite lingers a little too long for me but Broken Skull has hardly any after bite. 4-16 oz cans for $12.99 so it’s not cheap.

Lotta the micro breweries are marketing their ales in cans these days.

I took a gamble on a Greenworks battery-powered chainsaw, and I liked it so much I went back and got their string trimmer and hedge trimmer. They all work great.
@muddymooose A couple of years ago I bouight a Greenworks cordless pole saw to take down some dead branches around the farm. (I live on an old dairy farm, I do not farm.) I have some junipers growing along the west side of the ramp that goes up to my shop which is a former hayloft. I needed to trim them and was going to rent a trimmer but no one in the area had one. So I went and bought the Greenworks hedge trimmer & used the battery from my pole saw. Buying just the trimmer with no battery/charger saved me quite a few bucks. Both of the units work really well.

A comment on one of my "TTGO T-Display" videos points to an online image converter that allows you to make your own custom images to display on your TTGO T-Display's 240x135 OLED display.
#TTGOT-Display #TTGO #T-Display #ImageConverter #UTFT #ArduinoIDE

Mowed the !@#$%^&*() lawn. God, I hate mowing lawn now that I'm an adult... Biggest waste of natural resources in my opinion. But I'll be the first to admit it looks a lot better when I'm done. :rolleyes:
Theres a guy near me that has a small farm. In the spring, he sells goats to several of the locals that have a fenced in yard. In the fall, he buys the goats back for the same price he sold them for. He gets free feed for the summer by letting them eat the neighbor's grass and they get free "mowing" service.

Theres a guy near me that has a small farm. In the spring, he sells goats to several of the locals that have a fenced in yard. In the fall, he buys the goats back for the same price he sold them for. He gets free feed for the summer by letting them eat the neighbor's grass and they get free "mowing" service.

And they "fertilize" too!! :D :D
I hope they have either awesome secure fences or complacent goats. We had some mini goats years ago when my niece was a little kid. Those goats got out of any fenced are we tried keeping them in. Our sheep were always looking at the goats like, "what are you doing out there?" The last one of the 4 goats lived to be 12. He could escape any fenced area even though his belly was twice as wide as his shoulders...

Last edited:
I listened to a 4.5 hour NTSB hearing concerning a fatal helicopter crash last Winter. It was brutal, but also pointed out some gaps with FAA oversight and the capabilities of the NWS and some of the tools available for weather reporting.

And they "fertilize" too!! :D :D
I hope they have either awesome secure fences or complacent goats. We had some mini goats years ago when my niece was a little kid. Those goats got out of any fenced are we tried keeping them in. Our sheep were always looking at the goats like, "what are you doing out there?" The last one of the 4 goats lived to be 12. He could escape any fenced area even though his belly was twice as wide as his shoulders...
Yeah, very good fences. There have been a few break-outs but everyone knows about them and just calls the farmer and he rounds them up and puts them back into the correct yard.

Is goat good to eat?
As a Curry, yes. Got a bit of a smell though, so you have to be sure the people you are with don't mind. A Himalayan Restaurant near my work makes a good goat curry. Disclaimer, bad goat curry is a whole new level of bad though...it is apparently hard (but possible) to make goat good, and really easy to make goat BAD.

Just finished making strawberry freezer jam. Not at all difficult. Took about four hours for me, SWMBO, and elder daughter, not counting time to pick strawberries.
1590176800379.png
Recipe will be posted in The TRF Cookbook thread. This kind of jam beats anything you can buy in the store or even at the farmer's market!

My wife makes fresh strawberry preserves every year for Passover. It's just strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice (I think) cooked down. *So* good.

She doesn't make a batch like that though. :)

“Landscape goats” are a thing out here in California. Goats will eat pretty much anything while sheep will only eat the soft green stuff.

I won’t mention the “yoga goats”.

That’s definitely a California thing.

David, save those feathers for us fly tiers! :D

(you could make a few $$ if you sell them on line, or to the local fishing store!)
Hey Doc, got some feathers for you. Son got his bird this morning, said I could have both wings. How do you want them? The whole wing or do you want me to cut off the feathers? PM me with an address and I can get them to you. Dave.

2020-05-23.jpg

Got ink. First one. Artist said I did well for such an ambitious design for my first tat. Next one will probably be rocketry related and in a not-as-sensitive area. This one is inside right arm, just between the wrist and the inside elbow.

ShotokuTech News of the Week: 23 May 2020 edition. Bringing you news stories that you might have missed because there were other news stories.
#WeirdNews #ScienceNews #TechNews #PopCultureNews

Thanks it wasn’t appearing for me, but your link let me figure out why. Somehow I accidentally ignored the thread starter, so the whole thread vanished. This was an accident as I currently only have two ignored members (I thought) and he way wasn’t intended to be one of them.

Back