What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moved furniture. Got into the car to come home and the rearview mirror is on the floor. Your basic adhesive failure.

Exhausted, buy some supplies for dinner and head home.

Walk into kitchen and there's a baby python about a foot long curled up on the bench. Was too tired to even take a pic. Picked him (?) up and relocated him to the plants on the deck. He can grow up to be a house snake.

8DD6D1B4-718C-474E-9EAD-1717F9E4F0B7.jpeg

Edit- that’s him.

Volunteered to chaperone my 2nd grader so herded 5 kids through our local Science Center.

Saw this near the end of our visit... Do you think I can borrow some time on the equipment? It is just sitting there -- would be more interesting to see someone testing rockets for several hours.

1676068816388.jpeg

Watched part of a documentary "Jodorowsky's Dune" about Alejandro Jodorowsky's attempt to make the first feature-length movie based on Frank Herbert's novel. He wanted to change a lot of the movie's basic plot line. The storyboards and artwork (H.R. Giger) were stunning. From IMDB:

"In 1975 he returned to France to begin work on a film that was never made: a colossal adaptation of Frank Herbert's "Dune", which was to star Orson Welles, Salvador Dalí and others, was to be scored by Pink Floyd, and which brought together the visionary talents of H.R. Giger, Dan O'Bannon, and 'Jean "Moebius' Giraud' (Giger and O'Bannon later collaborated on Alien (1979).) The project's financiers backed out, and "Dune" was eventually filmed by David Lynch."

Do you think I can borrow some time on the equipment? It is just sitting there -- would be more interesting to see someone testing rockets for several hours.
So talk to the museum director/curator/big cheese/whatever. What can it hurt to ask? You're right, a demo does make a better exhibit.

Mowed some lawns before it got too hot. Successful.

Changed rear brake pads on my wife's Eclipse Cross. Partially successful. I thought I had a jammed piston but it was the electric parking brake that was baulking it. I had released the park brake before starting the job, but it has a "hold" mode or something. Anyway, wound that out manually and got one side completed. Will do the other side another day. I might be able to find the service mode function to wind the brake out electrically, if I'm lucky.

I put a few more cable ties for wire management around the tanker desk, I'm getting there, everything just takes a long time

I had a small tree fall over due to the snowmelt, rain, amd 60mph wind gusts we had this week. I pulled the rest of the root ball out and cut it up only to find that the biosolids facility that mulches yard waste is now only open weekdays 7-3. My town doesn't pick up yard waste and we have an open burn ban. It makes it a pain to get rid of storm damage. I might end up burning the small pieces little by little in the grill. Too bad it wasn't cherry or apple to throw in the smoker.

I had released the park brake before starting the job, but it has a "hold" mode or something. Anyway, wound that out manually and got one side completed. Will do the other side another day. I might be able to find the service mode function to wind the brake out electrically, if I'm lucky.
Try putting it in gear and moving a bit, then putting it in Park but not applying the parking brake. Then there's nothing for the hold feature to hold.

Detroit Style?
Chicago style deep dish. This is similar to Uno or Gino's. The crust isn't as flakey as Lou Malnati which I have been trying to clone and I haven't had the best results making stuffed pizza like Giordano's. I can't eat like this often, so I don't experiment too much.

Chicago style deep dish. This is similar to Uno or Gino's. The crust isn't as flakey as Lou Malnati which I have been trying to clone and I haven't had the best results making stuffed pizza like Giordano's. I can't eat like this often, so I don't experiment too much.
I will stick to NY pizza.

I get those both confused because I despise them both. Give me a Sicilian or NY Pizza any day.

I can make a passable NY or Neopolitan pizza at home, but deep dish is easier to make in a home oven due to the lower baking temperature. I'd like to the Kettle Pizza kit for my grill because then I can burn wood chunks to get it to 800-900 degrees and bake it right.

Back