What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm watching these four manly men on the Grit channel in "Silverado", one of my favorite westerns. Time sure flies...I'd seen it in theatres but forgot it was way back in 1985. I thought Kevin Costner looked awful young.Silverado_Heroes.jpg

7/21 hoops up on the greenhouse. Man I am just not as fast at construction as I used to be.
EDIT: More progress!

Attachments

• PXL_20221125_191437427.jpg
    PXL_20221125_191437427.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
took my 5 year old a ride to the park on my powerchair, he's getting heavy. I was 64 today so I was skeptical of the temperature dropping and getting into the 50's where I have trouble breathing, winter is the pits for me.
Happy Birthday, Marty!

dusted off the flugelhorn to see if my new favorite song was in the key that I thought it was. Unfortunately my big lapse in playing had me a 1/2 step lower than it actually is which makes have 5 sharps, but at least I know now.

dusted off the flugelhorn to see if my new favorite song was in the key that I thought it was. Unfortunately my big lapse in playing had me a 1/2 step lower than it actually is which makes have 5 sharps, but at least I know now.
I'm happily surprised to read that you're still able to play at all. That sounds like good exercise to slow the progression of lung capacity loss (says the husband of a music therapist).

I believe I may have cried a bit. The insurance company, Mercury, told me no tow, no repairs, no money. Car, 1999, too old. "Thank you for being a valued customer. Happy Holidays."

Surfed all day online to find a 200x small SUV (think Pathfinder) under $6k and under 200k miles. If you happen to know of one in Los Angeles... they are out there... but how in the heck do you figure out reputable user car dealers? It seem like it could be an oxymoron.

Looked at loans... one was 30% APR.. nice. For $5k for 36mo. F U - I'll walk

I believe I may have cried a bit. The insurance company, Mercury, told me no tow, no repairs, no money. Car, 1999, too old. "Thank you for being a valued customer. Happy Holidays."

Surfed all day online to find a 200x small SUV (think Pathfinder) under $6k and under 200k miles. If you happen to know of one in Los Angeles... they are out there... but how in the heck do you figure out reputable user car dealers? It seem like it could be an oxymoron.

Looked at loans... one was 30% APR.. nice. For $5k for 36mo. F U - I'll walk

I'd be tempted to get under the beast and see if you can suss the problem.

Fix it if you can and call on friends if you can't.

It looks like a hard hit, but looking at the chassis rails and suspension components can tell you a lot.

Oh, and your insurance company sucks wombat sh1t.

but how in the heck do you figure out reputable user car dealers? It seem like it could be an oxymoron.
I bought a 2007 Nissan Frontier last year from a really shady dealer to replace a Mustang I totaled, and immediately she had roadworthiness problems. Within a month, the radiator failed and coolant mixed with transmission fluid. Radiator and transmission were both shot and had to be replaced.

I’ve also needed brake pad and disc replacement, battery replacement, battery cable replacement, alignment adjustment, brake light repair, spark plug replacement…

I suspect the last owner looked at what she needed and decided to give her up instead of paying for all those at once.

And yes, the truck is a she/her. This long list tells me that she’s most definitely a mare.

I almost forgot. I finished the AR I was building. Except for the dust cover door. The C clip slipped and departed to another dimension. I ordered 4 more at 99 cents each. So,20221124_144214[1515].jpg20221124_144313[1516].jpg to make the shipping worth it I ordered some more stuff.

Spent most of the day cooking and baking, and enjoying the company of both daughters. Younger spratling--un-crazy cat lady-- enjoyed playing with the three indoor and two of the outdoor cats.

Back