What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just discovered that I haven't been getting notices and have fallen six pages behind the funny pictures thread.

EDIT: OK, caught up now.

Last edited:
Rang the tractor parts place and the phone was answered by the work experience kid. He identified himself as such, so I'm not being judgemental...

Told him the story of multiple attempts to get an answer on parts availability by email. He said he'd check the boss's computer.

An hour later I wave a written quote by email, prepared by the WEK. This kid will go places.

had a stereo guy come over whom I met on a forum that lives just a few miles way, he starts in on a religious rant, it went downhill really quick :eek: ruined my day:(

Seriously, I'll talk about religion all day and night quite happily. Note: It has to be a talk, not a rant or anyone telling someone else they are 'wrong'. Everyone who knows the truth isn't with us anymore.

Found another frikkin' possum in the kitchen! This one is faster! It ducked under some furniture before I could get gloves on. Off to animal control tomorrow for a live trap.

Seriously, I'll talk about religion all day and night quite happily. Note: It has to be a talk, not a rant or anyone telling someone else they are 'wrong'.
I used to try to persuade people, for their own good, and came to realize simultaneously 1) it's futile, and wasting their time and mine, 2) it's annoying them, and 3) the "for their own good" part is just the same as the people who annoy me believe. That last part not only contributed to my change of behavior, it also give me some insight and a little sympathy for the others who do it to me. A little.
Everyone who knows the truth isn't with us anymore.
I'll grant that in regard to absolute knowledge, but it doesn't stop me being satisfactorily convinced. But there's no need to go any further into it here.

That's a new one. You think your 16yo is all grown up and then, "Hey, Mal. Can you get the cheese out of the audio socket on my laptop?"
:facepalm:

I'd have a For Sale sign in the front yard already.
I'd have poison traps out, and be sitting on the porch with a .22. It's a possum fercryinoutloud, not a unicorn.

I've been making a cabinet for the second litter box. Stained the plywood sheets Early American. I stained the Home Depot premium pine for the framing Golden Oak. It is going to have a dark and light look. We are going through cat litter like crazy. I got 50lbs last week and 60lbs today. Our three adult cats have been hiding in the master bathroom from the kittens. For the last two nights I have had two of the kittens sleeping with me. One of the rascals has been nibbling my nose. Kitten teeth and claws are like needles. They are also sucking on my earlobes. Kinda hard to sleep until they go to sleep. But they sure are cute.

2 questions:

1) name of employer?
2) hiring chemists by any chance?
https://motorbiscuit.com

I'm the Social Media Manager for a big automotive outlet! Fairly recently promoted as I used to be on the editorial team, but now I'm doing what I love taking pictures and making videos for them!

As far as needed chemists, I can't say I think they're actively on the hunt ;)

Braden

https://motorbiscuit.com

I'm the Social Media Manager for a big automotive outlet! Fairly recently promoted as I used to be on the editorial team, but now I'm doing what I love taking pictures and making videos for them!

As far as needed chemists, I can't say I think they're actively on the hunt ;)

Braden

That is an unequivocally awesome job. Congrats on that gig for sure...the company car(s) are something to behold.

Got the 12v rectifier and cable out of the ham radio closet and in its new spot in the back RH corner of the desk, and plugged in to the radio. Pulled the coax out of there as well and ran it over to the radio and hooked up. That wore me out, back in bed again. :(

I spent the last couple of days sweating over a fall semester college application submitted at the last minute, trying to make arrangements, special needs plans, and keeping anxiety levels under control for someone on the spectrum who doesn't do well with pressure, sudden change or new social situations, but decided 17 days before classes started that he's ready to go to college. Just got done submitting FAFSA. Hopefully, he'll connect with an advisor and get registered tomorrow so we can look for classrooms and professors at some point before classes start Monday. 😟
OK, just needed to vent a little. Now that's off my che😴😴😴

Oh, dear. Does she have any history of this? Here's hoping it turns out alright.
Yes, she does. Back in January and February, she had two other incidents. They put her on an anti-convulsant and she's been taking it regularly. Right now, she's hooked up with a continual EEG setup. They're keeping her at least 24 hours observation.

Thank you for your good thoughts, everyone.

Yes, she does. Back in January and February, she had two other incidents. They put her on an anti-convulsant and she's been taking it regularly. Right now, she's hooked up with a continual EEG setup. They're keeping her at least 24 hours observation.

Thank you for your good thoughts, everyone.

We're waiting for good news, John.

Prayers for your wife, John. I believe Northside was a great hospital when I was growing up, but I also pray that you find the same.

Sandy.

ordered a 1 ft X 3 ft. roll of gold leaf vinyl so that the graphics guy can produce some stickers for my rockets with the great paint jobs on them. Expensive stuff.

We're waiting for good news, John.
She was a lot more lucid when I talked to her on the phone last night than she was when I first got there yesterday morning. Hopefully, the observation time will help them figure out a better strategy to prevent or mitigate the episodes.
Prayers for your wife, John. I believe Northside was a great hospital when I was growing up, but I also pray that you find the same.

Sandy.
It still is, Sandy. My three daughters were all born at Northside, aka "Baby General," back in the day. All three also took their first steps on one sod farm or another while Daddy was flying rockets. (Oldest and middle child on SuperSod in Ft. Valley, GA and youngest on SuperSod in Orangeburg, SC at LDRS.)

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers.

Back