What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ripped off a quarter of my thumbnail whilst attempting to remove all the bird netting that got tangled in the mower's axle/transmission.

While I'm at it...does anyone know of decent instruction on how to add hydraulic fluid to a Cub Cadet ZT1 42" cut mower? Every video I've found shows either a completely different kind of transmission or a different mower. And I absolutely REFUSE to spend sixty bucks for a quart of fluid, a little pump and tubing, and some other odds and ends.

I'd just like to see three minutes of "How to put new hydro fluid in one of the hydraulic-fluid-thingys on a Cub Cadet ZT1 Ultimate, without disassembling half the mower." If there is such a video. Or even a manual with stills. I can deal with that; I am, after all, a rocket scientist. ;)

Frustrated -- Terry

Went to my 5 year old Grandsons graduation from Pre-School, followed by lunch at Carabba's whereI got my favorite meal Sirloin Marsala, simply succulent. Came home and worked on adjustments on my travel power chair that needed to be done for the past year. My wife is not feeling frisky anymore :mad:

Played some Mass Effect: Legendary Edition. Currently doing all the sidequesting involving landing on alien worlds in the Mako (a tank-like vehicle) and driving around, looking for things like mineral deposits, alien artifacts, salvageable probes, and the occasional enemy. I love this exploration aspect of the game. This screenshot was taken from the surface of a moon, and shows both the gas giant the moon orbits and the parent blue supergiant star. (That blue star is presumably massively filtered for the player's view or the entire screen would just be totally white.)

20210522233149_1.jpg

Sprained my right ankle for the umpteenth time since college. :( On the plus side, made my daughter's birthday cake, orange with cream cheese frosting. She's 34. I'm still 29. ;)

That is some extreme cake baking action to have sprained your ankle.🤪

Sprained my right ankle for the umpteenth time since college. :( On the plus side, made my daughter's birthday cake, orange with cream cheese frosting. She's 34. I'm still 29. ;)

8a103f22-ca77-44de-a639-ab712edf0040-jpeg.4277770

Our daughter's graduation from nursing school was entirely virtual, so we borrowed the church fellowship hall and invited a few family and friends to "attend" with us. We had food, cake, and a good time. The general consensus was that while a virtual graduation was quite different, it was much better than sitting in the sun in the stadium, or in a hit auditorium and, while it took a while to scroll the names of all the graduates across the screen, it would have taken a LOT longer for them to walk across the stage one at a time.

I stuck a custom wooden T-bar on a paper clip epoxied through the floor of a model lunar rover. You can see the root of the T-bar below his left foot.
1621901649749.jpeg
It took months to collect everything in this shot but do I ever like it. Crazy rare smurf. Crazy rare scale rover. Pet lizard flooring, Mars-looking rock, craft store cardboard carefully kept flat, painted balsa T-bar, molded polymer clay seat. If I get run over by a steamship tomorrow, at least I've contributed this to the world ;).

Worked on a DIY bluetooth speaker. Started packing my rocket shop/office - if all goes well, we're moving into a new house in less than a month.

Finally got ready to paint the skirting boards and architraves (kitchen, meals and family room) with a gloss enamel. Used four rolls of masking tape (had to raid my rocket supply) to mask the edges!

Tomorrow is two coats of paint. I hate painting.

Drank. After completing decals on a rocket, and wanting to do work on another one, but it was starting to get late, I gave up and knocked back a few shots. (George Dickel #12.)

Tried to find a replacement MTB 'slick' tire..

Something to replace a Tioga 'City Slicker' 26 x 1.25". Didn't think this would be so hard!!

None to be found in Canada's 2nd largest city!

I'd buy a new bike, but they are also next to impossible to find!

1622227434540.png 1622227460212.png

Careful with the slicks on the MTB . I have had a couple of falls due to going from wet grass to cement paving. I ride knobby tyres exclusively now. A bit more work but no grip issues. They suit my riding style for commuting and offroad. YMMV.

[edit] 26" are getting harder to find here as well.

Last edited:
Powered up the bluetooth speaker, set my phone to play my entire music collection on shuffle, picked up a paintbrush and started painting. Skirting boards and architraves in water-based gloss. I am trying to put the mind in neutral and enjoy the experience, but I'm not winning. Currently about 3hrs into an estimated 15hr job :(.

More board games with my wife. This one is called Brave New Worlds and is about exploring the Solar System, sending orbiters, landers, and crewed spacecraft to different bodies. Major and more distant bodies are worth more points. It was looking good for me with my Jupiter balloon probe racking up tons of points, but my wife's landing of a crew on Charon got her enough points to end the game with a come-from-behind victory.

20210529_130849.jpg

Last edited:
Back