What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

hobie1dog

Hi-Fi Addict
Reaction score
Today I am celebrating my 65th birthday. The last 20 year seem like a blink of the eye. It seems the older I get the faster the years go by.
Happy Birthday. I turn 65 in 12 days myself. Hope you're in better shape than me.

NateB

Reaction score
I got a message that a local bike shop received a few children's mountain bikes they had on backorder. This was the same one I wasn't expecting to get for our son until Fall. Now one has his name on it and they should have it built up in a couple of days.

In the meantime, we still took advantage of the nice Spring afternoon and logged almost 7 miles on the Greenway path.

PSX_20210422_200715.jpg

Sandy H.

Reaction score
Today I am celebrating my 65th birthday. The last 20 year seem like a blink of the eye. It seems the older I get the faster the years go by.
Happy Birthday! I've always heard that time goes faster the older you get. I'm where you were 20 years ago and it seems like light-speed already. . .

Sandy.

Cl(VII)

Chris Bender, Lab Rat
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
I got a message that a local bike shop received a few children's mountain bikes they had on backorder. This was the same one I wasn't expecting to get for our son until Fall. Now one has his name on it and they should have it built up in a couple of days.

In the meantime, we still took advantage of the nice Spring afternoon and logged almost 7 miles on the Greenway path.

View attachment 461067
I cannot thumbs up this enough. That is a happy little dude.

jd2cylman

Still not Carl... ;-)
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday, GF’s father’s visitation. 84 years old.
Today the funeral...
But as death goes, it was good way to go. At his a own home, in his own bed. Quick, quiet, and painless. I hope I go that way, rather than suffering for days or weeks in a hospital.

OverTheTop

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Wedding anniversary this weekend, 23 years, so went out for dinner to a nice winery yesterday.

Today was spent moving furniture back into their correct locations after having the sandstone floor cleaned and resealed. Tricky when you have only recently had a shoulder reco.

jqavins

Helpful Smartass
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday, GF’s father’s visitation. 84 years old.
Today the funeral...
But as death goes, it was good way to go. At his a own home, in his own bed. Quick, quiet, and painless. I hope I go that way, rather than suffering for days or weeks in a hospital.
My condolences.

Today I moved both vehicles out of the garage and swept the floor to get ready for the spring/summer activities. And dang! it was a muddy winter.

Cl(VII)

Chris Bender, Lab Rat
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
After a morning at the swim meet I took my bike out for a 21 mile ride on some paved trails. Had a great time, but my new nemesis is dog owners who don’t obey leash length rules AND don’t pay attention...I can’t predict your dog’s actions, and this thing ain’t for off-road.

NateB

Reaction score
I worked all weekend. My son's new bike was ready and my wife was able to pick it up this afternoon. It is a huge jump up in size and weight from his 14" combo balance/pedal bike and he had a couple habits to break. He isn't used to starting on his own yet, but can pedal, turn, brake, stop, and dismount great. The freewheel and handbrake were an easier adjustment than I thought and he said he likes it better than the coaster brake.

The mountain bike team starts in June. I don't know how many other little guys are signed up, but he'll be in good shape to work on singletrack skills by then.

PSX_20210425_204617.jpg

TSMILLER

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Removed and ordered new torsion springs for the “broken” garage door.

John Kemker

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Stepson and nephew came by and helped me put up a 2 X 5/8 wave collinear 2m antenna at the peak of the roof. Then I put leg quarters into individual freezer bags and put all but one in the freezer. The one left out, I roasted @ 450F for 45 minutes after seasoning with some rub I bought at the local Ace Hardware. Dinner was good!

Bowman

Reaction score
The mountain bike team starts in June. I don't know how many other little guys are signed up, but he'll be in good shape to work on singletrack skills by then.
Cool, just about enough time for him to outgrow that bike. By them he'll have some more skills and you can aim for the CF frame. :p

Bowman

Reaction score
I spent yesterday power washing the dock in 44 degrees and a 15knt wind off the lake.
I couldn't feel my toes and fingers by the time I was done.
One of the less joyous joys of owning a boat, that and bottom paint.

dr wogz

Fly caster
Reaction score
I spent yesterday power washing the dock in 44 degrees and a 15knt wind off the lake.
I couldn't feel my toes and fingers by the time I was done.
I've sailed (Laser) in weather like that (colder actually). so c-c-cold that the mainsheet won't feed thru the pulley..