What have you been building while the site was down?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are three Big Bertha's I built. You can never have enough Bertha's
But you can definitely have too few! I haven't gotten around to getting one yet... (I know. Oh, the shame! :eek: :( )

All this time and I've never built a Big Bertha.

Some how that seems strange.
I'm with you there, buddy, Somehow, we'll get through this...

Mark \\.

Last edited:
Actually while TRF was down, I was so bumbed out, i only build one new micro.

The T3 Solar Flare.
Staged version?

[...]
Even the T3 Solar Flare was a bit of a disappointment flight was... she's a real Piggy with a Liftoff weight of 15.2grams. only got about 10-12 feet in a 10mph breeze and did a flip at burnout. I'm going to down Scale it to T2+ or T2++ depending on the OD of the ring fin.
OK, never mind. Bummer on the flight. :( As I'm sure you know even better than I, even a slight wind can really impair an MMX model's performance, especially if it is on the heavy side or is aerodynamically draggy already. Have you tried launching the micro SF again in totally calm weather?

Mark \\.

Last edited:
Finished a Dynastar Firefox-SHX (mighta started that one before the TRF crash - I build slowly). That was a fun build, and it's a cool looking rocket. I finished it in flat black paint. Skipped the decals for now. Haven't had a chance to fly it yet.

Current build is an Apogee SR-72 Darkbird. Also a fun build, though I screwed up and glued the elevator retainer aft of the marked line instead in front of it (with CA), so the inner tube assembly wound up being too long and I had to use CA debonder to undo my mistake. Doh! Kinda made a mess out of the MMT, so I wrapped an extra layer of thin cardstock around the buggered up area. It's in its last coat of primer right now, awaiting some final touch-up with putty and another flat black paint finish coat to match the Firefox-SHX.

FlisKits Thunderbird (finished, started before TRF went down)
Mini Bertha clone (finished)
Launch Pad Exocet AM 39 (finished)
Semroc SLS Hustler repair (rebuilt payload section and spliced on 5" of the main BT)
Scratch Regent (BT70 to BT60, with boat tail, 24mm, waiting to be painted)
Scratch Solaris (finished, replacing the one that is in a tree)
Semroc Tau Zero (in first coat of primer)
FlisKits Adfecta (in first coat of primer)
Estes Interceptor E (just finished)

I was kind of in a building frenzy. :rolleyes::D

FlisKits Thunderbird (finished, started before TRF went down)
Mini Bertha clone (finished)
Launch Pad Exocet AM 39 (finished)
Semroc SLS Hustler repair (rebuilt payload section and spliced on 5" of the main BT)
Scratch Regent (BT70 to BT60, with boat tail, 24mm, waiting to be painted)
Scratch Solaris (finished, replacing the one that is in a tree)
Semroc Tau Zero (in first coat of primer)
FlisKits Adfecta (in first coat of primer)
Estes Interceptor E (just finished)

I was kind of in a building frenzy. :rolleyes::D

From that list, Tony, I thought you had slowed down!

Hi Y'all

Still working on my Polecat 5.5 Nike-Smoke(Will post all the build pictures soon,a 1st for me!!!). Ready to test the deployment charges, then its on to finishing. hope to have it ready for the Feb.14 SSS club launch on a K550. Started building my Semroc Hustler while TRF was down,just getting ready to attach the fins. Cool build,I really like the Semroc kits,and our(Phx) local Hobby Benches are now carrying them.

In December I finished off my Estes Nemesis and built a Quest Aurora. Both have since flown...the Aurora is really great and glides beautifully. It may be one of my "must-takes" whenever I fly. On the other hand, I have also finally refitted my ARV Condor, so that would be two bg's I really enjoy.

I worked on an Estes Thunderstar and finished the build just after the New Year, and last weekend I built my "Christmas rocket", an Estes D-Region Tomahawk. Both are waiting on paint, but otherwise they're ready to fly.

My boys (ages 4-8) and I have worked on the following:

Quest Penetrator
Quest Triton X
Estes Alpha III
Estes Firehawk
Estes Metalizer
Estes Stormchaser
Estes Colonial Viper Clones (5) - Only ordered the parts
Estes Aerospace Club Viper Clones (2)
Quest X-15 - Still under construction
Quest Astra 1
Estes Baby Bertha (4)
Semroc Batrok
Estes Bull Pup - Built, but not painted, before the down time
Quest Commander
Centuri Draconian Marauder - Built, but not painted, before the down time
Semroc Lil' Hercules
Semroc Lil' Ivan
Quest QEZ Glider
Quest The Sprint
Estes Super Neon - Built, but not painted, before the down time

Last edited:
Wow! That's quite the list of rockets! I'm just getting back into rocketry, and thought my fiancees son might enjoy it. We're building a Estes Baby Bertha. If that goes well I've got a Loadstar waiting in the ranks. :D

Red River Rocketry P-Chuter X-treme which did not fly due to the wind. I do now have a couple of Roadrunner E25-7 motors to fly it later.
Chas,

Can you take a picture of the aft end of your "P-C-X" so I can see how the motor mount is located in comparison to the end of the tube? Thank you, young sir! :D

(You know where to find me at That Other Place... er, Forum.) :blush:

Back