What Happened to the JimZ Plans Site?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

privateer

Reaction score
I've been away for awhile. I'm glad I copied some stuff earlier; is the Jim Z website gone?

Just to be clear, I have used the now-non working URL for a while and have provided others with that link. is this new URL the new stable URL and when did the new URL arrive and was there a notice about the old URL having it's plug pulled?

That's actually my message forum. The plans site is Ye Olde Rocket Plans found at www.oldrocketplans.com.

Yes, of course you are right, but I listed the "top" website on purpose (or thought I did). I figured he could find the old plans button on the list, and I hoped that all the other options listed there would help him get caught up again with where we are today. (Privateer: check out https://www.rocketshoppe.com/ )

And BTW, nice website(s). Lots of good info, well organized, nicely presented.

Last edited:
Yes, of course you are right, but I listed the "top" website on purpose (or thought I did). I figured he could find the old plans button on the list, and I hoped that all the other options listed there would help him get caught up again with where we are today. (Privateer: check out https://www.rocketshoppe.com/ )

And BTW, nice website(s). Lots of good info, well organized, nicely presented.
No problem. I was just speaking up so people that weren't in the know knew what each site had to offer. I've got four different "Ye Olde" sites. ;)

BTW, I tried the "new" JimZ link. The main homepage came up, but when I tried to pull up actual plan URL's all the links were broken. The old JimZ site didn't work for me either.

No problem. I was just speaking up so people that weren't in the know knew what each site had to offer. I've got four different "Ye Olde" sites. ;)

BTW, I tried the "new" JimZ link. The main homepage came up, but when I tried to pull up actual plan URL's all the links were broken. The old JimZ site didn't work for me either.

Scott, try it again.

It works for me.:confused:

There was a problem with the re-director. The old start page was rp00.htm but the redirector was expecting index.htm. The issue has been resolved and your old links should work fine.

As some of you may have noticed, there has been some data corruption and some of the plans are gone. I am working to resolve this problem.

JimZ

Thanks very much Jim. I apreciate your time and efforts :)
Cheers
fred

Hello JimZ,

Welcome to TRF! We hope you come back often and join in the fun!

I would especially like to take this opportunity to post a great big, public THANK YOU! for the work you have done to collect and post all that rocketry data. Your website offers a gold mine of important historical rocketry publications, and I am sure that I'm not the only one that appreciates having all that stuff readily available.

If you are actively maintaining or growing your database, you could make use of TRF to post a thread showing your "Top Ten" list of missing-but-still-wanted rocket plans. If you post a wish list, you never know what this TRF bunch has stashed in their file cabinets...

Back