What Glue is Right For Your Rocket?

Reaction score
Neil, don't bother. You're only going to get frustrated trying to explain things. I learned this from another thread the kid posted. He says he knows what he's doing, after all he's been doing it for a whole 4 years. So he doesn't need advice from those of us who have been doing it for 50+ years.
Save your sage advice for those who are open minded and humble enough to accept it.

Matt_The_RocketMan

Reaction score
Are you not aware that you can use white or yellow glue for fillets? That would be the normal approach for paper-and-wood rockets.
I dont like to use it usually we need to build rockets within 30 mins , so hot glue is easy to use fast, and it works the same way yellow glue works no hassles. I have tried to use wood glue for fillets but have not liked to use it for fast building projects due to wait for next lair for 15 mins.

In other words I build rockets on a monthly bases within a certain amount of time and I have found hot glue almost is like wood glue

watheyak

Barnstormer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
And yes I do use Hot Glue as a Fillet, but this is due partially that we have low funds and no experience with epoxy. + to the fact that none of my rockets have ever had issues with Hot glue fillings (4 + years of doing this btw)

I know what I am doing

You'd be better off using no fillets at all rather than hot glue.

We need to change the title of this thread to it's opposite-- "What glue NOT to use for your rocket" to warn other newcomers who want actual advice.

Matt_The_RocketMan

Reaction score
I just was giving my opinion on the topic , dont be so harsh on my building. In all regards I have properly built rockets for the last 3 years without failure of a fin breaking off. In that it self, kinda says "why not it works"