What gift is something you use the most?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n3tjm

Papa Elf
Reaction score
As the question asks, what is something that you received as a gift that you use the most? I'll start. Several years ago, my younger brother got me a Brother label maker for Christmas. It gets a lot of use in my IT department :)

Last edited:
My wife gave me a Delta compound miter saw about 20 Christmas's ago. I use it a lot. Now I mainly use it to cut body tubes. In our last house I put up crown molding.

My dad gave me a couple of Bahco tools when I was 12. That was 46 years ago. Sidecutters and long-nosed pliers. Almost no week passes where I don't use them. Thanks Dad!

Bahco make amazing quality tools. Mine are in fantastic condition for their age and use.

Last edited:
Bahco make amazing quality tools. Mine are in amazing condition for their age and use.

Love my Laplander folding saw; such a great value. Awesome for gardening tasks and then easily packed for backpack camping.

My "use most" gift has been a 1zpresso manual coffee grinder. Pretty much used every day since I got it.

FitBit, Garmin GPS, a Sonic gift card before a cross country car trip.

I've got a Weller soldering gun my grandmother "bought"* me 50 years ago. It's one of the things that got me into electronics (it still works). About 45 years ago, I got a tool box and a small assortment of tools. I still have a lot of the tools, and use them (a few are stuck in the kitchen drawer for when I need simple tools in there). The toolbox is out in the garage. It's full of files a neighbor gave me when her father passed.

* How long ago this was - she "paid" for it with S&H Green Stamps.

My son gave me a Leatherman for Father's Day decades ago. Every launch, camping trip and hotel stay, it's with me. Got one for the glovebox and one for my Viking Princess.

I had one of those Marathon glasses signed by Pete Conrad. Son broke it playing with a handball in the house, despite my warnings. Still heartbroken, esp. after his motorcycle accident.

3/8" palm ratchet given to me by a former NH service rep. Great man. Very knowledgeable and always willing to help me with a customer's problem machine. Not long after he gave the tool to me he retired because his wife was diagnosed with cancer. He retired to spend time with her, but he died only 6 months later from stage 4 cancer of some type. I miss that man still. Every time I use that tool I still think of him.

S&H green stamps and Gold Bond stamps, when I was a kid it was my job to paste them into those books and later beg to get something I wanted with the stamps!

3/8" palm ratchet given to me by a former NH service rep. Great man. Very knowledgeable and always willing to help me with a customer's problem machine. Not long after he gave the tool to me he retired because his wife was diagnosed with cancer. He retired to spend time with her, but he died only 6 months later from stage 4 cancer of some type. I miss that man still. Every time I use that tool I still think of him.
What shop did he work at?

What shop did he work at?

He was our regional service representative. He worked the Midwest region for New Holland (NH) Construction. I think he was originally from Ohio. Not sure what dealerships he worked at. His name was Bruce Romer.

An old boss gave me a 3pc fillet knife set and steel some 25years ago - still use them today - One of the best knife sets I have ever had and it was from Craftsman ;)

Back