What General Discussion on TRF Do You Spend the Most Time Viewing?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcorinth

Reaction score
I'd post this as a poll, but the maximum number of options is 15, and there are too many General Discussions on TRF for that.

Whenever I visit TRF, I notice the GD with the most people currently viewing is this one - The Watering Hole.

Sometimes I have a question about this or that, and I think it should go into a specific category (like "Techniques" or whatever), but I also want the most people possible to see it.

So, what is your favorite haunt on TRF? If it's The Watering Hole, what's your second favorite?

I usually hang out on LPR and MPR, plus Beginners and the Tips and Techniques discussions. I check out The Watering Hole now and again.

Just curious. Thanks!

Edit: Bonus question - how many pages into a discussion do you tend to browse before going elsewhere?

I click on "NEW POSTS" that way I see what has been added to all categories/posts.

I just click on New Posts and read what looks interesting. I usually have no idea what category I am reading.

I've been on TRF for two years, and never noticed the "new posts" link.

This is a revelation!

"New Posts" for me too.
I do wish there was an option to filter out the watering hole from the New Posts though.
That would fix the Signal-to-noise ratio for me quite nicely.

Like most other responses so far, I use the "New Posts" or "Unread" feature to see the latest posts; I'm glad you know about this now.

As to the bonus question, on many build techniques or other rocketry related threads, I'll follow them as long as they are informative. Lots of Watering Hole threads are interesting and can keep my attention for many pages; a lot of them, though, devolve into silliness pretty quickly.

Every time I come to the site I immediately click on New posts (or Timeline on the app).

I generally look at HPR builds, for sale posts, and electronics threads that catch my interest. I always look at the "Post a picture that makes you LOL" thread if there's a new post too.

I just click on New Posts and read what looks interesting. I usually have no idea what category I am reading.

+1 - Rarely notice the category. Just what's new and whether it is something I have been following or something new that gets my interest

New posts, then mark as read. Guessing what I get the most out of are Yard Sale, Research, and Watering Hole. Bought tons of things here, some research specific in the research forums, learned a lot there on motor making, then the general time killers in the watering hole.

Build threads are cool, try to answer some questions if I can help, occasionally see a new technique or watch the hobby from a different perspective than my own (seeing finishing skills, scale, micro max, or other things I generally do not do).

Back