What does your screen name mean?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just my old World of Warcraft handle. My son (age 16) was named Ghostkeeper, and was guild leader, I joined him shortly after gifting him the game for Christmas

My last name is Mulligan (No, I don't play golf... Wouldn't dare.), and when I was in high school my friend's older brother, who had a nick name for everything, called me "Muggins" which was quickly shortened to "Mugs", due in part to my tendency to have one in my hand most of the time (Coffee mostly, beer when appropriate). It stuck...

Of course, one doesn't carry the handle "Mugs" for long without it becoming "Mugsey" to a lot of folks. I would guess that over half of the folks I know in the world know me as Mugs or Mugsey, and that doesn't bother me a lick! Proud to own it...

The 914 part, well...
1657463952020.png
1657464012522.png

Mike...

Um I mean Mugs...

Er, Mugsey...

Mine is leftover from my time as a member of the old Yamaha XS650 message group/forum - my 650s are long gone, fun old bikes but as I got older the quirks outweighed the fun 😉

It's my first name and last initial. I don't use it everywhere, but do on forums with a high likelihood of meeting people in person at events.

Mike, what class? I dud class c prod
My last name is Mulligan (No, I don't play golf... Wouldn't dare.), and when I was in high school my friend's older brother, who had a nick name for everything, called me "Muggins" which was quickly shortened to "Mugs", due in part to my tendency to have one in my hand most of the time (Coffee mostly, beer when appropriate). It stuck...

Of course, one doesn't carry the handle "Mugs" for long without it becoming "Mugsey" to a lot of folks. I would guess that over half of the folks I know in the world know me as Mugs or Mugsey, and that doesn't bother me a lick! Proud to own it...

The 914 part, well...
View attachment 527037
View attachment 527038

Mike...

Um I mean Mugs...

Er, Mugsey...
Mike what class is that? I did class c production sedan snd groups f and g. My buddy actually made formulae Ford before he was killed in the Road AtlantaChampion Spark Plug race in Atlanta. We drove the bare frame around the block in our nayboorhood.

When was that?
Before internal engines became popular...
Somebody posted a pic that had me in it from across the track looking to pit road. Of, course, I took none. I was too busy having fun. Swinger cameras were about the price of a case of racing oil.
It's kinda why I dislike Holtville to this day. Yes, it's a long damn story.

Back