What does your desktop look like?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Microspeed

Reaction score
I thought there used to be a thread like this a long time ago on the old TRF, or maybe it was some other forum. I was fiddling around with mine a bit today, and was wondering what other's look like. The background itself is a shrunken and cropped version of July 7th's Astronomy Picture Of the Day. My screen's native resolution is 1920 x 1200, so it's been reduced a bit to fit with the image posting guidelines, and JPEG'd to get the file size down.

Anyone have an interesting looking background to share?

20090711desktop.jpg

Justinian and his cronies, Belisarius and Bishop Maximian.
Pure Imperial power.

P3093229sharp.jpg

Unfortunately, usually like this at more or less extremes...

I'm quite the clutter pig ain't I?

PICT1389.jpg

Last edited:
Picture 1 is the image that I am using as my desktop currently..Taken by TBZEP of his sons Saturn 1B

Picture 2 is what I had been using previously(resized for file size limitations)..

SaturnCluster.jpg

100_3230small.jpg

atlantis_predawn.med.jpg

Read more about the shot and grab a large copy here-
https://www.swarpa.net/~danforth/wj/ksc.html

at home..
(seems i managed to delete the work one. :( )

New Bitmap Image.jpg

Last edited:
Here are mine - a couple of shots from a recent MTB holiday.

Phil

desktop1.jpg

You know, that bike looks *very* similar to the one the bloke I was riding with had. ;)

I have lots of NASA and APOD shots saved to my HD, and I use whatever I can crop to fit an 8x5 aspect ratio. (My screen is 1280px x 1024px.) I change my desktop pictures frequently, but I don't have the process automated. My desktop currently displays a pic that should be quite familiar to everyone by now. I had to doctor the image a little bit so that it would fill my monitor's screen, but you will hardly notice unless you look very closely at it. Like many others, I have an overabundance of icons on my desktop, some of which are redundant. They are like dandelions; whenever I weed them out, more pop up, and within a few days I am right back to where I started. :rolleyes:

MarkII

My current desktop.jpg

Here's mine, all of the AWACS currently out there for an exercise we had up in Alaska in 2004.

J-WACS (767 variant), Elmendorf AFB AK, Tinker AFB OK, NATO Geilenkerchen GM, and Kadena AB Okinawa

Attachments

• AWACS.jpg
    AWACS.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 71
This is my dual monitor desktop at work, home one is very similar:

I update mine with the last real Delta IV launch I work and the Indy 500 winner for the current year. And of course, my Delta IV model fleet in action.

My Desktop-July-2009.jpg

Right now it's picture #1, but I'll switch it to one of the other two, or other pics from other trips when I want a change of scenery.

These three are from a backpacking trip in 2005 with my oldest son in Kings Canyon National Park.

Charlotte Dome small.JPG

Rae Lake 1 small.JPG

Rae Lake 2 small.JPG

Back