What do you use for your Field Box???

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lloyd Leichentritt

Laserlloyd
Reaction score
After looking in to new tackle boxes I can't make up my mind. I raced 1/2 scale on road carpet a few years back and have a old Plano Phantom Pro I might have to resurrect as I can't find on I like.

Lets see what you use a post a photo so we can all see..

Thanks...

Lloyd...

black-dewalt-portable-tool-boxes-dwst23001-64_1000.jpg

Dewalt 28'' Waterproof toolbox, tough as nails and weather sealed, so if gets left behind for a wwhile I run the rockets to the car if a sudden rainstorm pops up (as it often does here in Florida), no worries, also seems to keep things inside form getting so humid around here. plenty of room for all my goodies, pads, launch controller, tools, glues, masking tape, extra batteries, and a small organizer box that was an old sewing kit for spare lungs, and swivels, etc. $36.63 at home depot, little pricey but well worth it.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-...PIPHorizontal2_rr-_-300937637-_-203051428-_-N

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a photo of a box just like the one I have for my R/C stuff. I really like it for all the adjustable drawers. Looks like they discontinued this and have ones on line used for sale for over $100.00. Since a new one of these is out this is why I'm looking. I really like having lots of drawers I can adjust for uses. I don't have any large stuff like launch pad\controller and for now sticking with 29mm\38 mm RMS. Thanks For all you input now lets see your setup and what you use... Lloyd...
2cochPZ.jpg

LOL,,,,
No, really, this is it,,
I carry everything from sleeping to cooking...
Oh yeah and Rockets!!
a.jpg

KIMG0278.JPG

I think it's been pretty much expressed here, you can't use just one box.
I have a large Plano for my range box, a tool box for the tools, a large underbed container with foam for motor cases, another box for chutes, adapters, paper towels, dog barf, etc. There are 4 different ammo cans for reloads and that doesn't include what I bring the RDF and GPS tracking electronics in. I have a Durango that is so full when I leave for a launch, I can't have any passengers.
If I could just go to a launch with the idea of launching one rocket, who knows....

I, too, used to race R/C. While this is a short course bag, it worked very well for two carpet cars. After getting out of the hobby I've been using it as my rocketry field bag. Laptop and binder along with a rotary tool and soldering iron fit up top, with a cordless drill, assorted tools, fireproof lipo bag (for motor storage) and parts bins fit beneath. The main reason I like this one is that I can remove the supports and throw it in the washing machine every few weeks. It's held up very well, like most wingtote bags (I loved their wing bags for giant scale aircraft as well).

I've just started into HPR, so I'm sure I'll outgrow this pretty soon, but for loose odds and ends I'm sure it'll see use for quite a while.
WGT381_a0

Back