What do you think of my Bull Puppy?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mao_Zedung

Reaction score
Hey all! I recently finished working on the AGM12B kit I got from LOC precision. I’m a pretty self-critical person so I’m wondering what this forum thinks before I try to come to any conclusion myself. So…what do you all think? Personally, I’m torn just based on some sloppy decal work, but your guy’s opinions are what I care about most! Leave your thoughts below!! Happy rocketing

Attachments

• 24BE8F93-B199-4701-966F-8B7F74F2932F.jpeg
    24BE8F93-B199-4701-966F-8B7F74F2932F.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
Looking good.

My recommendation is, don't worry too much about how good it looks. Once it's bounced around your vehicle to a couple launches, fallen off the prep table, gotten dragged along by the chute after landing, it will have enough "character" marks that whatever it looked like when you finished it will be a great memory and better then it's flown condition.

Hey all! I recently finished working on the AGM12B kit I got from LOC precision. I’m a pretty self-critical person so I’m wondering what this forum thinks before I try to come to any conclusion myself. So…what do you all think? Personally, I’m torn just based on some sloppy decal work, but your guy’s opinions are what I care about most! Leave your thoughts below!! Happy rocketing
Loved mine. Until I put an I357 in it. Lol

I don't know, looks pretty good. I think you're gonna have to get another one, though, just so you can have one to keep on the shelf and look pretty and then fly the other. ;P

Looks great! Full send!!!

If you are super critical of a finish, you might not want to fly it then. It is guaranteed to get some scuffs scratches when it fly's.

Put a mark for CP on all of your rockets. Makes it easy to balance on your finger to check your CG is in front before you launch.
Looks great. What are going to launch it with? I've seen some biggish motors shoehorned into these small rockets. Some never seen again.... :)

Put a mark for CP on all of your rockets. Makes it easy to balance on your finger to check your CG is in front before you launch.
Looks great. What are going to launch it with? I've seen some biggish motors shoehorned into these small rockets. Some never seen again.... :)
Sorry for the late response man! I’m gonna launch it one a larger G engine…don’t want to lose it…lol. I’ve heard horror stories about this kit in particular so I want to be careful…

Sorry for the late response man! I’m gonna launch it one a larger G engine…don’t want to lose it…lol. I’ve heard horror stories about this kit in particular so I want to be careful…
I've seen 3 launched in various sizes and only 1 recovery.. YMMV Make sure you get plenty of pictures when you launch it. There may not be any after...

Good advice @RocketScientistAustralia !

IIRC ... I saw an unstable scratch Bull Puppy fly once -- the forward canards and the boattail do tend to move the CP a tad forward along the airframe ...

-- kjh( it's a beauty though )

Looks like an awesome build. and can relate to being self critical. i’m like OCD on perfection and my 1st rocket launc few weeks ago after 45 years is the classic Estes Mosquito. took me days to get it lookng “perfect”. and less than 8 seconds to lose it. but it was worth it. 😏.

Now i just need to make room in house to finish my other kits so wife doesnt kill me leaving a mess on the dining table. 😁

Back