What Do You Folks Do When You Become 'Idle' and Start Getting Bored?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMJ

"Where the heck'd it go!"
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for my 'Extreme' Darkstar to arrive in the mail. I also can't work on my 7.5" V2 because the assembly instructions were missing from the kit and the Rocksim file that I downloaded was 'horribly' misdrawn and totally wrong (waiting for LOC to provide the correct details/instructions, just to be safe).
'This' is what happens to 'ME' when 'I' start getting bored!
I actually designed/built one of these things about twenty years ago, for mid power. Time to step it up to an HPR build. The 'G' version was a real hoot. It flew straight as an arrow and made a really 'odd', almost 'farting' sound on its way up... likely due to the shape/aerodynamics of plunger end.
Please say "Hello" to 'Asstro~Plunger'!
AsstroPlunger~1.jpg

Hurry up, Tim! Don't give me time to build a 'pull-chain' toilet launch rail/system!
"Who's next?" What have 'you' designed while in between projects, with idle hands?

Last edited:
Well, if things get REALLY boring, I'll dig up some parts out of the Parts Box, (I know that everyone has one or more of those), and see what I can build. After I run the idea through Open Rocket, I will start to build. I've come up with a couple of projects that way, one of them is called "Spare Parts".

Phil L.

This hobby has saved me from boredom. It was a good save too. If I get bored, I tend to start drinking too much. Thus, I have a vested interest in my hobbies and sorta justify their $$$. If I don't have a project active, I'll also fiddle with RockSim since launching those doesn't cost much... :)

I am so incredibly busy that I have no idea what it feels like to be idle. Seriously.

Can we have a drag race between this and that flying turd rocket? I can't find the link to that one.

Transport vehicle to the launch pad...
[video=youtube;dZbbfUYvjxg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbbfUYvjxg[/video]

Back