Quantcast

What Do You Folks Do When You Become 'Idle' and Start Getting Bored?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

TMJ

"Where the heck'd it go!"
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for my 'Extreme' Darkstar to arrive in the mail. I also can't work on my 7.5" V2 because the assembly instructions were missing from the kit and the Rocksim file that I downloaded was 'horribly' misdrawn and totally wrong (waiting for LOC to provide the correct details/instructions, just to be safe).
'This' is what happens to 'ME' when 'I' start getting bored!
I actually designed/built one of these things about twenty years ago, for mid power. Time to step it up to an HPR build. The 'G' version was a real hoot. It flew straight as an arrow and made a really 'odd', almost 'farting' sound on its way up... likely due to the shape/aerodynamics of plunger end.
Please say "Hello" to 'Asstro~Plunger'!
AsstroPlunger~1.jpg

Hurry up, Tim! Don't give me time to build a 'pull-chain' toilet launch rail/system!
"Who's next?" What have 'you' designed while in between projects, with idle hands?

Last edited:

TMJ

Reaction score
Not sure if I should ask why or how....
Not sure that you want to ask 'either/or'... might take you to a really 'warped' place in a gutter far, far away! LOL

Maxitout

Reaction score
Well, if things get REALLY boring, I'll dig up some parts out of the Parts Box, (I know that everyone has one or more of those), and see what I can build. After I run the idea through Open Rocket, I will start to build. I've come up with a couple of projects that way, one of them is called "Spare Parts".

Phil L.

jrkennedy2

Reaction score
This hobby has saved me from boredom. It was a good save too. If I get bored, I tend to start drinking too much. Thus, I have a vested interest in my hobbies and sorta justify their $$$. If I don't have a project active, I'll also fiddle with RockSim since launching those doesn't cost much... :)

mccordmw

Reaction score
Can we have a drag race between this and that flying turd rocket? I can't find the link to that one.

Bat-mite

Rocketeer in MD
Reaction score
I am so incredibly busy that I have no idea what it feels like to be idle. Seriously.

TMJ

Reaction score
Can we have a drag race between this and that flying turd rocket? I can't find the link to that one.
"That would be hilarious!" "I'M IN!" :lol:

TMJ

Reaction score
Transport vehicle to the launch pad...
[video=youtube;dZbbfUYvjxg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbbfUYvjxg[/video]