what do I do????

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lipp

Reaction score
I've been building and now am running out of room.. any suggestions on ways to display lots of rockets off the floor and dressers????here's pic 1 my wifes dresser

and pic three top of sugar glider cage.... HELP!!!!!! before my wife says i got to many and wont let buy anymore....

I think this might be a good time to say "Dear Ill get them out if ya let me build a heated shed " It worked for me:D

Originally posted by Bowhunter
I think this might be a good time to say "Dear Ill get them out if ya let me build a heated shed " It worked for me:D

Don't forget to "gently comment" about how the heated Rocket Shack will clear out your wife's Dresser top...plus other space in the house will be cleared of "That Rocket Stuff"

Originally posted by Bowhunter

This is exactly how I got my new 6' X 12' enclosed trailer!!!!!

I might try it again and ask for a heated shop.

hhuumm!!! heated rocket shed ...... I like it.... OOOOHHHH!!! HONEY........

I was thinking about hanging them on the wall some way... like maybe making a rack like a feild rack but angleing the dowels so it can hang on the wall. i'll work on it and get back when i come up with something...

dont forget about a nice plasma screen and running water in that shed... we all know there absolutely necessary for making rockets...

Hang them from the ceiling!
I have most of my larger models that way, it keeps them out of harms way and looks good as well:)
That is, if your wife dosen't buy the heated shed thing... either way, even with a shed, you will undoubtedly end up with some inside :D

I've been thinking of getting one of those small wood portable buildings, or, if I could find one of the small office trailers that construction companies use. Then, I would also have a place to put a storage magazine. I currently have an 8x12 building, but it's too full at the moment to even attempt to use for magazine storage for a LEUP.

Originally posted by lipp
I've been building and now am running out of room.. any suggestions on ways to display lots of rockets off the floor and dressers????here's pic 1 my wifes dresser

Hang them from the ceiling by thread, so they look like they're flying.

"So how do I get them down?"

Hang the thread.
Hang a hook on each.
Hang the rocket on the hook by its launch lug.

I've got em hanging from the (soft tile) ceiling by monofilament. It's tedious, but make the loops of monofilament as low as you'd like em to hang and then it's tedious again to make a tiny loop to put a thumb tack or push pin through at the ceiling end but well worth it. Use 2 loops for each bird. you can angle em up or down. Looks like the fleet is flying, you can take em down to fly or re arrange em at any point. Also you can hang more than one row deep.

Andy

I must say that your wife (and the sugar glider) should be commended for having the patience for letting the rocket thing go on as long as it has!

they're actually very supportive , my wife and sugar gliders, i mean. all i need to do is get some of them laid up. I guess i'll work on that tomarrow.

I would at least get them off your wifes' dresser. I store some of my smaller kits in an empty DeWalt chop saw box. Nice big box, keep it outside. maybe you should invest in some of those plastic storage containers. I hear the're pretty cheap at Walmart. Your wife is to be comended for putting up with that, I know mine wouldn't, that's why the're outside.

Originally posted by lipp

I have only 4 of the rockets that are too big to fit in storage bins out.... I have invested in the plastic bins at wally world that are "under bed" type boxes... they have snap lids and little wheels to allow them to be rolled under the bed.

I use bubble packing between layers to protect the finish in the boxes and to keep them secure while going to a launch.

I'm happy... wifes happy.... the rockets are happy...

later
Jerryb

Would somebody please post a pic of their hanging-flying rockets.

I'd like to see this.

Originally posted by Gus
Would somebody please post a pic of their hanging-flying rockets.

I'd like to see this.

Here's some with skull and stratocaster lights, a crooked zappa portrait, my old tube tester, LP records and a genuine sheet of music from the 1600s on some animal skin and other stuff. But they are out of the way, on display, sharing the space and most importantly ready to fly at a moments notice.

Andy

hanging rockets and a shelf. all for under the price of one rocket.

Although I didn't build these specifically to hang on the wall... I guess they could... The wooden dowels are long enough to support the rockets horizontally...

I just prop them up against the wall... and the angle then changes to a slightly upward angle... that helps with stability issues...

And I guess you can build one for under ten bucks... realize that my picture is of two separate ones...

Good luck....

Steward

Back