What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More work on the 7-motor Fat Boy. I've glued the forward bulkhead/motor mount cluster in. As soon as the glue has set up enough, I'll start final trim/fitment of fins, and glue them on. Getting close to paint. I hope the hot weather holds for a couple more days.

Put some decals on my 3” punisher
I would like to put home made/custom decals on my rockets.
Has anyone made vinyl type ones on a Cricut machine & what do you suggest as an adhesive ?
My daughter has this type machine that i could make my own from.

I would like to put home made/custom decals on my rockets.
Has anyone made vinyl type ones on a Cricut machine & what do you suggest as an adhesive ?
My daughter has this type machine that i could make my own from.
Adhesive is not usually needed with vinyl decals cut on Cri-Cut (yes I use my wifes to do vinyl stickers). There are commercial grade vinyls like the Oracal products that can be used as well, though some adjustment of cutting depth may be needed on the Cricut.

Adhesive is not usually needed with vinyl decals cut on Cri-Cut (yes I use my wifes to do vinyl stickers). There are commercial grade vinyls like the Oracal products that can be used as well, though some adjustment of cutting depth may be needed on the Cricut.
Thank you for the info.
I intend to put them on my rocket over a light coating of Pledge,let get tacky & then after it cures, put on another coat or two to seal !?

Thank you for the info.
I intend to put them on my rocket over a light coating of Pledge,let get tacky & then after it cures, put on another coat or two to seal !?
My goal is to creat this Coat of Arms and mount one on each fin of this rocket.

Try opening the folder that contains the file or image you want to attach, then just drag and drop the file into your message. I'm using a computer; it may be difficult to do on a phone, I don't know, never tried it.

I have a similar design in mind. Mine will have the trident in black on the yellow fins. The plan is for the trident to be CNC routed very shallowly into the fins as a trench, then I'll paint in the trench with a brush.

The lettering is where I'll want custom decals.

1. applied a layer of liteweight body filler to the Indigo rocket, then sanded it. Will need more of it.:(
2. Got both Rouse-Tech ejection units apart after soaking them in Kroil.

I'll never post a picture of any builds in the future, just too embarrassing to try and get even in the same ball park as you. :goodjob: :bravo:
It's an exhibition... not a competition. Look a little closer... my hand painting skills leave a lot to be desired.

Last edited:
Back