What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I am curious- what is this out of stock kit?

I'm curious as well. Perhaps the collective here can find one for you.

Miracles can happen - 1 arrived in stock and I ordered it - the Super DX3. I've had my eye on it for quite a while now and I never committed and slogged and slogged. The distributor received a single one just minutes ago so I snapped it up. Now it's out of stock again. I shall be awaiting a large box coming to my door soon. We'll see if this leads to an L1 or not, I guess.

Does this mean I have to start another epoxy thread? :oops:

Printed the final version of my pitot-static tube mount in PLA for a trial fit. Looks good. That is my index finger for scale, and the tube is 4mm diameter. There are a couple of spigots protruding below for connection of the tubing to the differential pressure transducer.

You can see the evolution of the CAD in the prints below. The final version will be all pretty and printed in an SLA resin printer.

PitotMounts.jpg

Next up is to drill the three radial static holes in the tube with my dental drill.

Yesterday was good. Local NAR chapter zoom meeting in the evening; good to meet some new people and start getting involved.

My package from Estes arrived (with enough parts to get free shipping). Now I just gotta figure out what to make with a 21.5" long 3" tube, DBRM 3" nosecone and 29mm motor tubes. 🤔

Attachments

• IMG_20210624_120531774_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210624_120531774_HDR.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 8
I finished this rocket about a week ago. It has taken a week to get over some mystery sickness that started last Friday. Let me preface the rest of the story with I don't drink. I was in Vegas for a couple of hours midday Friday. I was at a light ready to get on the highway. That was the last thing I remember for about 20 minutes. I stopped to get gas. As I was pulling out onto the road I blacked out again for about 45 minutes. I remember looking at the side of the highway where a high speed chase had ended. Blacked out again for about another 20 minutes. I remember looking at the clock at 3:45 and thinking that I had forgotten to stop at BMS to pick up an order. The next ting I remember was looking at the clock at 10:30 and going to bed. I had multiple attacks of vertigo Fri, Sat and Sunday. Slept from Fri to Sunday afternoon. I just started to feel better yesterday. I'm at about 75% of normal today. Anybody have any idea what happened to me?
The rocket is a 3", 75" long, weighs 85 ounces with the chutes. It is dual deploy and has a 54mm mmt. All the red is paint. I wrapped 4 pieces around the tube and cut out the squares. I sprayed the area to be made red with the white base coat to seal the tape edges. It was the first time I've done that and it worked great. Used the same technique on the fins roll pattern. I'm calling this one Victor.20210615_215306[708].jpg20210615_220708[704].jpg

I finished this rocket about a week ago. It has taken a week to get over some mystery sickness that started last Friday. Let me preface the rest of the story with I don't drink. I was in Vegas for a couple of hours midday Friday. I was at a light ready to get on the highway. That was the last thing I remember for about 20 minutes. I stopped to get gas. As I was pulling out onto the road I blacked out again for about 45 minutes. I remember looking at the side of the highway where a high speed chase had ended. Blacked out again for about another 20 minutes. I remember looking at the clock at 3:45 and thinking that I had forgotten to stop at BMS to pick up an order. The next ting I remember was looking at the clock at 10:30 and going to bed. I had multiple attacks of vertigo Fri, Sat and Sunday. Slept from Fri to Sunday afternoon. I just started to feel better yesterday. I'm at about 75% of normal today. Anybody have any idea what happened to me?
The rocket is a 3", 75" long, weighs 85 ounces with the chutes. It is dual deploy and has a 54mm mmt. All the red is paint. I wrapped 4 pieces around the tube and cut out the squares. I sprayed the area to be made red with the white base coat to seal the tape edges. It was the first time I've done that and it worked great. Used the same technique on the fins roll pattern. I'm calling this one Victor.View attachment 470187View attachment 470188
Very nice. Reminds me of the Croatian flag :). Have you thought about adding just a bit of blue anywhere?

Anybody have any idea what happened to me?

Sounds neurological too me (OR/ER experience). A bit late to have a white cell count done, an elevated level may have indicated seizures. Get a checkup and a neuro exam if you can.

I've had a few unexplained seizures in the past and afterwards you want to look for the truck that hit you. Sore all over.

Sounds neurological too me (OR/ER experience). A bit late to have a white cell count done, an elevated level may have indicated seizures. Get a checkup and a neuro exam if you can.

I've had a few unexplained seizures in the past and afterwards you want to look for the truck that hit you. Sore all over.
My white cell count has been elevated for quite a while. I have appointments already scheduled with a couple off Doc's for other things and I'll bring it up the first chance I get.

My white cell count has been elevated for quite a while. I have appointments already scheduled with a couple off Doc's for other things and I'll bring it up the first chance I get.
Hey, give those docs a call and see if they can move you up their schedule; I'm sure they would share your concern about the black outs. Look after yourself mate.

I was at a light ready to get on the highway. That was the last thing I remember for about 20 minutes. I stopped to get gas...
Hang on. You kept driving after being aware of having blacked out? And still kept driving after it happened again? Good God, man! I guess it's affecting you judgement too! OK, I get that you drove a while, (apparently) without incident, while blacked out. But if it goes worse the next time then it's not just yourself that you might kill. After the second time if not the first, you really should have pulled over and called taxi at least, or better an ambulance.

So I guess whatever it was was affecting your judgement. Mention that to the doctors too. Consider it a symptom.

In the unlikely event that the first doctor you tell doesn't bring this up, be sure to mention all the medications (if any) that you take.

On a pleasnter topic:
I'm calling this one Victor.
It's pointy; does that make it Victor the Vector?[/QUOTE]

Hang on. You kept driving after being aware of having blacked out? And still kept driving after it happened again? Good God, man! I guess it's affecting you judgement too! OK, I get that you drove a while, (apparently) without incident, while blacked out. But if it goes worse the next time then it's not just yourself that you might kill. After the second time if not the first, you really should have pulled over and called taxi at least, or better an ambulance.

So I guess whatever it was was affecting your judgement. Mention that to the doctors too. Consider it a symptom.

In the unlikely event that the first doctor you tell doesn't bring this up, be sure to mention all the medications (if any) that you take.

On a pleasnter topic:It's pointy; does that make it Victor the Vector?
[/QUOTE]
Since I don't remember driving I didn't know I had blacked out until the next day. I talked to my wife about what I did Friday and she said I acted normal. Quick care tomorrow.

Mounted my dental drill on the main shaft of my milling machine, by using a hose clamp onto an arbor that is normally used for boring. I then put a scrap of brass tube in the rotary table to prove I could drill a clean hole with the 450krpm dental drill and a 0.33mm diamond burr. Success, so I chucked the coaxial pitot-static tube I made and put three holes around the outer tube with the dental drill. They are the static ports.
MillSetup.jpg

Tubes.jpg

Here it is inserted in the rough-printed PLA housing:
Assembled.jpg

Tomorrow I will do some airframe integration preparation, for when I get the flight version of the mount.

Back