What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'm hearing hints of "collect them all" - Perhaps I should just get that Doorknob kit I want or the DBRM nosecone and 3" body tube to build a beefier version with some plywood rings/fins :)

I would guess many folks do a little rocketry work every few days. Maybe your work is not new thread worthy, but you might want to at least share with others.
If you feel like it, this can be a thread for that. On the arcade message board I visit they have a thread like that and it is nice.
I removed old vinyl letters off my rocket which took paint with it. Then sanded until smooth. Couple light coats of spray paint to match. Turned out great, can't see the old site damage at all. 1 day later....... put on nice shiny new letters.
Looks great, I'm happy

What does it show with some 18×70 composites? (I seem to remember reading that you guys can't get Q-Jets? Maybe you can get Klimas? [I wish I could get Klimas!])

I did get an email from a customer telling me a hobby store in NSW that has some Q-Jet stock. I'll have to dig that info out and add the appropriate motors to the sims.

All my attempts at rocket photography have ended in crappy pictures and a flight I didn't really get to see much of. Now I just fly and hope a flight of mine gets put on MDRA's YouTube channel.

Here's one of mine from December.

What rocket is this and motor was used?

Found my small palm camcorder, by JVC, so that I can take it to rocket launches, and put it on a small tripod. Also you can come out of a small plug on top that allows you to transfer into a Windows computer for video editing. Also has one touch download to YouTube. This is a fantastic time to be living in with technological advances.

Got the wings glued up on my Thunderbirds/retro toy inspired atomic jet.
That's a lot longer than I realized from earlier posts. Now I feel a lot better about the forward placement of the wings.

Joined TRF and looked at my rocket build pile. For some reason I can’t stop buying stuff. 🚀
Welcome aboard. When you do manage to stop buying stuff, we'll throw you out. ;)

Actually yesterday. June Tripoli Launch. Mild to moderate winds. HOT! 97° @ 4:30 pm
My grandson, David, provided high quality assistance. Without him, I would have not had the opportunity to sit down every once in a while. The heat was stifling. It was hard to motivate myself to launch, let alone take pictures. So alas, no pics. We did manage to put a few up before being overwhelmed by the afternoon heat.
Big Daddy E12-6
Magician PSC infinity mash-up E12-4. Altimeter did not work ☹
BT-60 ""Everglades" Mosquito C6-3
Little Red Rocket (Alpha sized) C6-7
LOJ Little Orange Job A6-4

As you can see, I like them light and high on this big field. Plenty of model rocket and high power flights.
My grandson was impressed, as was I.
The field closes to avoid a couple of the hottest month. Launches will resume in September.
Got to feed the launch monster, next stop NARAM

I modified the motor retainer on a 54mm sustainer that was constructed by Halo Aerospace that I picked up at Black Rock years ago. Has anyone ever run across the company before and does it still exist?

Back