What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started thinking about a layout for a dual sided Messier65 AV bay.
Eggtimer Quantum, 2C LiPo, Fingertech screw switch as primary.
Stratologger CF, 2C LiPo, Fingertech switch as backup.

Attachments

• PXL_20210307_014842881.jpg
    PXL_20210307_014842881.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 14
  • PXL_20210307_014812065.jpg
    PXL_20210307_014812065.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 14
My wife was working yesterday and today. That gave me a chance to slog away at the parameters I need to set for my VTS programming. I originally thought there were around 500 to set. Turns out there are 1032 currently. I managed to get to about 37% done yesterday, and just programming the OSD parameters today got me to over 53%.

Today I actually got to a total of 942 of them set. Almost there and that is enough for now. I need a break. The remaining ones relate to the extended kalman fitering, inertial navigation system, logging, and PID and associated control parameters for the flight controllers. Not much low-hanging fruit there. Quite a few of these will take some consideration and calculation. They well be time-consuming to determine with some degree of confidence. Slogging away...

Got the magnetometer and FC orientations sorted out and the FC accelerometers calibrated and leveled. I think. In going through the parameters I may have discovered I set the orientation of the wrong compass correctly. :(

[edit] Also working towards getting my callsign onto the video transmission. It isn't well documented in the software. It is legally required as part of the amateur radio licence.

Also did some work on the presentation I am giving at the next club meeting on the VTS.

Also reading the new book I purchased recently on GNC. I might learn something useful for the VTS project if I'm lucky.

Last edited:
OK... back on thread tread topic ...
  • Sanded the fillets on all the fins and canards of the last two Darts (Hittiles) for the Thales Starstreak build.
  • Made a coupler for the Startstreak a-la-J.Coker stylee. Waiting for the F/Glass to go off.
  • Bought a 150mm polystyrene ball from Spotlight, thinking I might use it to form a nosecone/transition for the Starstreak.

1st primer coat dried and ready for sanding on the AnArcas. Installing the main fin set on the Vexillum and the Grayroc II, my grandson's park flyer, is complete. When given the choice of body, fin, and nose cone colors along with decals the preference was......well........blue! :music1::dancingelephant::shocked:

View attachment 452769
This is a nice Arcas rocket. Who makes it?

Picked up this oldie today alittle piece of history. Centuri Arcon-Hi two stage sounding rocket. Sealed in it’s original packaging from 1972View attachment 452691View attachment 452692
Hi Adam, I can't believe what I see. I bought this same kit in 1972 and will never forget it. It was always one of my favorites. You do very well finding Vintage kits. I liked it so much I built an upscale of it for a 29mm and I also have a recent 18mm Semroc model. Nice going finding yours.

Attachments

• IM003029.JPG
    IM003029.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 13
Hi Adam, I can't believe what I see. I bought this same kit in 1972 and will never forget it. It was always one of my favorites. You do very well finding Vintage kits. I liked it so much I built an upscale of it for a 29mm and I also have a recent 18mm Semroc model. Nice going finding yours.
Oh wow that’s really cool. So you remember this kit well. That’s great !!! How does she fly pretty well ? Thanks for sharing ,it’s a cool looking rocket
Your upscale you made is great looking !!

Smashing pieces of cheap Estes Viking bulk pack together. I think the correct answer to how many motors is three...but I'd like to recover it 🤪
One lots stronger than the others? 1×C6 + 2×½A8 if it's 18 mm, or something like that if it's bigger.

Tyler Sundstrom became the first person to certify (L2) with me as the prefect.
Congratulations to him, and thanks to you for taking on the workload of a prefect. People like you keep the rest ofus flying.

Turns out there are 1032 currently.
Holy crap!
I managed to get to about 37% done yesterday, and just programming the OSD parameters today got me to over 53%.

Today I actually got to a total of 942 of them set.
942 of 1032 is 91%. What am I missing?

I achieved Level 1 certification with my Apogee Zephyr with Tripoli Louisiana.
Congratulations.

I had to Google TLA to see what it means. ;)
Now Google ETLA.

This is a nice Arcas rocket. Who makes it?

Thanks. It's a scratch build. I borrowed the fin design from the Mach1 65mm plan and went from there. I wanted something fairly simple as this was my 1st experience with rail buttons, ttw fins, and epoxy fillets not to mention my 1st mpr build. So far, no major snags....fingers crossed.

Primary color done. Next up is the red detail, probably mid week.

IMG_2113.JPG

Back