What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• DSCF4171.JPG
    DSCF4171.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCF4172.JPG
    DSCF4172.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 24
I put color on the two parts of a two stage I'm working on. Started a new build. I'm calling it The Alien Probe. It is supposed to look like an Alien medical device for probing Humans. Pictures when they are done.

Warmer weather is here which means I can start painting some things that have been waiting on it. I got a thin layer of primer on my Lil Thor and ran out of paint. It is a good start, maybe we can fly something later this evening or tomorrow morning.

Wow, I guess they are tired. Are they Balsa or plywood? How you been ? I finished the fins on the Skyflash. Also, the Antares was a good flight the other day.

The SBB fins are all balsa, but are built up from 5 pieces of wood each - a 1/8" thick core with two 1/16" skins on either side. Each of the eight skins is two pieces. The core piece is skeletal to save weight.

I've been doing fine. I've been trying to get my CSXT Space Shot ready for Red Glare at the end of the month, but it's been difficult with the cold. I take it you've got a few irons in the fire yourself?

I was thankful NG-15 went on the first attempt. The next day I was able to head to Higgs Farm to fly my Lazarus on a J500G and meet the two TAPs who are reviewing my level 3 project.

Glued the motor mount/tail cone assembly for a Semroc SLS Arcas clone and installed it.
Didn't have the tubes for the stock baffle so I scratched one from a couple of centering rings.
0305211629[1].jpg
And sand, sand, sand.
Fin plates. 3 sets done, 1 more to go.
0305211629a[1].jpg

Fin tapers. 1 fin done (mostly). 3 more to go.
0305211633[1].jpg

Basswood is tedious to sand.
Almost forgot how much I hate sanding.
Laters.

Love it so far! Going to do normal deploy for the cert, but have built it so I can do dual deploy as well. Gonna make it my work horse!
There you go. A good work horse it will be. The H motor will give it a nice flight. I like how solid it is. A very good kit made out of tough materials.

The SBB fins are all balsa, but are built up from 5 pieces of wood each - a 1/8" thick core with two 1/16" skins on either side. Each of the eight skins is two pieces. The core piece is skeletal to save weight.

I've been doing fine. I've been trying to get my CSXT Space Shot ready for Red Glare at the end of the month, but it's been difficult with the cold. I take it you've got a few irons in the fire yourself?

I was thankful NG-15 went on the first attempt. The next day I was able to head to Higgs Farm to fly my Lazarus on a J500G and meet the two TAPs who are reviewing my level 3 project.
The SBB fins are pretty heavy duty. Awesome about the Lazarus rocket!! Did you take any photos of the Lazarus on the "J"? Good luck on the L3. The cold don't help at all. When I paint I use my diesel 70,000 BTU heater in the garage. It helps big time.

The SBB fins are pretty heavy duty. Awesome about the Lazarus rocket!! Did you take any photos of the Lazarus on the "J"? Good luck on the L3. The cold don't help at all. When I paint I use my diesel 70,000 BTU heater in the garage. It helps big time.

I have a video but it's not very good and I'm going to have to mess with it to make it uploadable to the forum.

Installed motor mount in Space Shot.

20210306_111200.jpg

Tyler Sundstrom became the first person to certify (L2) with me as the prefect. A bar-straight flight on a J350; a great day for flying. It made me feel good, but I think Tyler felt way, way better than good, based on his reaction when the chute deployed and when the rocket landed just a few dozen yards from the LCO table. :clapping: Congratulations Tyler!

Also pushed the button on a couple dozen rockets and gave some suggestions for web searches for the mom of a young fellow who was extremely excited to have built rockets that actually fly! He definitely won the "Most Rockets Flown At The Launch" award.

Best -- Terry

Tried to Future the nose cone of my Space Shot. Not happy with it. Tomorrow I will clean with ammonia and try again with a different method.
I also glued the lugs on my Tiny Ptero, then cut BT 60 for another Renegade clone. The 1271 not the icky one.

Back