What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum.
Unfortunately the rocket never came back down. I am wondering if perhaps it accidently went to high and broke into outer space orbit.
Well, nothing Estes makes could ever come close to touching space, and making orbit is about 30 times harder than that. My guess is you've discovered antigravity. You should probably alert the Air Force or Space Force to start a search and recovery operation so it can be studied; whatever happened to that little rocket is going to change the world.

Alright, maybe it's not a good idea to welcome a new member with sarcasm. We kid a lot around here.

The ground around the farmhouse regularly gives forth pieces of Lego, no doubt a legacy of the former inhabitants.

Added a minifig head to my 'fun' project, tentatively named Go-Anna! Swing test soon, if it ever stops raining...

View attachment 452980

That thing looks cool! :D 😎 👍 👍 👍

With the "driver" it looks like it should have some huge exhaust coming out the side like this:
1614608061394.png

Attachments

• 1614607872447.png
    1614607872447.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
Send some that snow my way. It’s supposed to be 76 degrees next week. Im not looking forward to it.

We’re starting to melt around here. Problem is all the snow melting along the sides of the road is starting to create large puddles in the low spots on the road edge. Hit one of those at night and bad things are going to happen...

I built and launched the Estes "Taser" Model rocket. It was my first time and I loved it. Unfortunately the rocket never came back down. I am wondering if perhaps it accidently went to high and broke into outer space orbit. Any insights are appreciated. I posted my build and launch tutorial on youtube and it already has 3k views.

Probably. In fact ... wait a minute ... yup. I see it passing by out the window. Let me just grab ... There. Got it. I'll give it back after I land back. I'll try not to get it wet on splash down.

Thanks! Nurnies and greebles will have to wait until I see how she flies. Already thinking about how to build a Lego head upscale...

With the 'cockpit' well back of the midpoint of the body tube and the ramjet nose cone, it reminds me of Igor Burger's "Max Bee" controline stunt model:
MaxBee.jpg

• I didn't get a chance to post last night, but I finished off my MINI FAT BOI. (Just waiting now for engines to arrive, or to get lucky with someone local having them in stock). I got also started with my Big Daddy project and assembled the motor mount.
    1614637865657.png

Don't be sorry, you did a great job! I'm really trying to get this perfect; my first rear-eject kit will be a lot of other people's first as well.

A few more changes adds nothing to the monumental time-line for this beastie. The first BT-56 conventional recovery prototype flew in December 2006. The first BT-55 rear-eject proto flew in September 2019...

Life gets in the way of plans. 💰🚜👨‍👧‍👦

New build.
View attachment 452511

Parts.
View attachment 452513

And done.
View attachment 452514

No wood to fill! Just needs primer, paint and decals.
The fins rang a bell, so I compared it side by side with the Hi-Flier.
View attachment 452515

Both are 18mm MD, same fin shape, but the Xtreme has fiber instead of balsa fins.
Xtreme has a little longer airframe and a longer nose cone.
Ooh, pointy.
Can you give me the part number and dimensions for the nose cone please? Would like to modify a Hi-Flyer.

Back