What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today was our monthly launch. Wind was an issue. Was about 10mph at 8:30am. Tried my first dual deploy. I learned something too. I should have used shear pins to keep the nose cone on. Everything deployed at apogee. So another almost mile walk. This time we drove to the edge of the lake bed and walked from there. But we were smoking cigars so not a bad walk. Again Patternflyer helped me retrieve the rocket. We scrubbed the day about 11am. Next month is our spring three day event. I hope the weather is better than the last two months.

We had our Feb launch today at QRS (Queensland Rocketry Society).
Weather wasn't too bad - Hot, humid, mixed cloud cover with a base about 3000ft, wind was about 15 to 20 kph but at least it was in an optimal direction for our site and recovery.
Got 2 CTI Pro24 6G launches away on the "Dredd Nought", taking its HPR tally of flights to 15 - a 114G100 Skidmark and a 142G117 White.
Flew two new MicroPeak altimeters as well for the first time. Data was very odd on the first flight, but second one gave a nice readings and set of data downloaded at home later. 1579ft on that second flight with the CTI 142G117.
Photos later maybe.

Dredd Nought with Micropeak Alt 21Feb21.JPG

opened up the fin slots so that the fins would go in. Tried setting up the printer on my PC so that I could print the fin jig from Payloadbay.com but no luck, as it won't accept my passwords to finish the install.:mad:

Yesterday was the Music City Missile Club's first launch of February. I was LCO since I hadn't gotten either the Aerobee or the Alpha ready for launch. Also my first time administering a Level 2 exam (he got 100%!! OutSTANDing!). Two university teams were there to fly their qualification rockets. Perfectly clear sky, sunny, not horribly cold...and the snow on the ground reflected sunlight very well. I got a lovely sunburn, first one of the year!

Another launch is tentatively scheduled for next Saturday. Weather does not look like it will cooperate, though. :(

A couple of photos and a video (sorry, haven't worked out how to edit/rotate the video yet!) from yesterday's QRS launch at Cedar Grove, QLD.

Flew my trusty old 2000AD inspired "Dredd Nought" on it's 15th HPR flight and my first time using a Sparky CTI Pro24 6G 114G100 Skidmark.

MAH01988_Moment.jpg

MAH01988_Moment 2.jpg

View attachment MAH01988_Slomo.mp4

Got the ttw fins attached on the mid power build. I'm torn about what to call it. It's fashioned after the Arcas sounding rocket, but neither fully accurate to the original design nor to scale. Looking at "Almost an Arcas", "Arcas Wannabe" or "Arcus Fakeus". Guess I have until I fill out the launch card to decide.
IMG_2069.JPG

Discovered that for two weeks I haven't been getting email notices about this thread, even qhile I was getti g my other ones, and that I'd TOTALLY MISSED PAGE 1000!
Congratulations on making post #30,000.
Looking at "Almost an Arcas", "Arcas Wannabe" or "Arcus Fakeus". Guess I have until I fill out the launch card to decide.
Pseudarcas?

Back