What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, now you've got me itch'n to start building my 4" PAC 3. It's only been in the build pile for 2+ years... :p
Lol right .... mine has been sitting for months and I said ok it’s time to start this beast. So far it’s a good build I say you go for it, start yours up!! 👍🏻

Put it in OR and this is what came of it all. I used the nosecone I had already printed for another rocket and did not use. Not perfect but custom. The motors are what I have on hand and I'm afraid to use the Estes E...........................
LG~Der_Big_Red_Max_mailing_tube.jpg

found our kits on sale at a number of sites, none of which I have heard of before and all selling our kits for half the price we sell them. Some kind of voodoo wholesale agreement? The Ouija board is still in its box...

That's rough. They're just using your pictures and ripping folks off I take it?

I extended my super DX3 from 67” to 87” and just finished painting it. Just waiting for the decals in the mail.

Attachments

• B1A8D049-4CE1-4DB1-8FC2-BF4864B0E9C4.jpeg
    B1A8D049-4CE1-4DB1-8FC2-BF4864B0E9C4.jpeg
    84.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 9B4A4F43-7864-46D5-BB94-B2BF921349BC.jpeg
    9B4A4F43-7864-46D5-BB94-B2BF921349BC.jpeg
    180.1 KB · Views: 6
Gathering the electronics for the Messier65 build. Eggfinder Mini kit arrived today, pre-programmed with the frequency of my receiver. Eggtimer Quantum as primary, Perfectflight Stratologger as backup. Fingertech screw switches. LiPo batteries. Some Doghouse Rocketry wiring pairs. Ferrules and charge wells on the way. Badass Rocketry nose bay for the Mini. Mach1 AV bay sled.
Got my 2021 MDRA membership card today. I'll try to debut this rocket at Red Glare in March if all the planets align to allow me to go.

Attachments

• PXL_20210128_161424323.jpg
    PXL_20210128_161424323.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 8
Man, now you've got me itch'n to start building my 4" PAC 3. It's only been in the build pile for 2+ years... :p
Lol right .... mine has been sitting for months and I said ok it’s time to start this beast. So far it’s a good build I say you go for it, start yours up!! 👍🏻

Pffft... amateurs... I’ve got kits from at least 2012. And that’s only the one that I can confirm the make date on. WM Vindicator. Fist came out for Black Saturday sale in 2012. There are others that are in the build pile that are older, but we’ll have to submit those for carbon dating... 🙄🙄

Pffft... amateurs... I’ve got kits from at least 2012. And that’s only the one that I can confirm the make date on. WM Vindicator. Fist came out for Black Saturday sale in 2012. There are others that are in the build pile that are older, but we’ll have to submit those for carbon dating... 🙄🙄
The oldest kits in my pile I can trace to my club's Christmas auction I attended first year I was a member, 2010. The kits I bought were a few years old at the time, but I can't know when they may have been originally purchased. I'm starting to think it's time to build the Spaceship One.

One assumes that you have notified eBay that the ad appears to be fraudulent? (If this other seller is planning to buy the kits from you, at your price set price, only to lose money by reselling at a lower price, I guess that not fraud; it's just stupid.)

One assumes that you have notified eBay that the ad appears to be fraudulent? (If this other seller is planning to buy the kits from you, at your price set price, only to lose money by reselling at a lower price, I guess that not fraud; it's just stupid.)

I've notified the two sites I listed and told them as the kit manufacturer I knew the ads were deceptive and fraudulent.

They aren't breaking any Ebay rules. I guess it's just a robot that skims their site, grabs certain items and reposts the code. If that's the case I may reword the Ebay ads (to the tune of 'only available through Ebay',) and see what happens...

I guess I lost track of which site was what in the saga, thinking the eBay ads were the fakes. In any case, you've done what you should do. Of course you have.

Over the last 2 days, I curved a few 1/16" thick balsa boards. This here would be the winning candidate. Diameter is less than 5". Done by soaking in hot tap water and 20 sprays of Windex in a large skillet. I changed the water each time I tightened the curve, which was about 4-6 times. All was set on a stove in case I wanted to keep the water warm (or boiling), but I didn't reallly have to.
Curved balsa.JPG
Rocketry-related? Not a standard component I suppose. Who knows what goes on in a Smurf's mind.

I finally put the first 4 fillets on my Li'l Thor. I'll finish it up tomorrow. If we get snowed in on Sunday, I'll start the Thor 54.

Finished the Rebel John for now, until warmer weather comes for painting and priming. Alot of wood grain to fill on that bad boy. Quite a large rocket comes out of a small box. There was a couple launch lugs in the kit, idk why you would need them with a hole for the launch rod in ever centering ring. Anyone else who has built this use the lugs?
20210128_200425.jpg

Attachments

• 20210128_201002.jpg
    20210128_201002.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 6
Finished the Rebel John for now, until warmer weather comes for painting and priming.... There was a couple launch lugs in the kit, idk why you would need them with a hole for the launch rod in ever centering ring.
Oh my god, it's nekid! It's called frame and skin. You left off the skin! ;)

And can't you see? If you'd put the skin on, you'd need the launch lugs.

Last edited:
I finally got my Estes Saturn V and Mercury Redstone ready for paint! Its to cold to do it now (was 5° yesterday so the garage is still pretty cold).

Attachments

• IMG_1326.jpg
    IMG_1326.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 11
Cracked open an Estes Mini A Heli. It's very weird to me that they supply the body tube as a single 18" piece plus a tube cutting guide, rather than the required 12" and 4" piece. I don't care about making the cuts, but the package ends up being a full 6" longer than necessary, and they incur the extra cost of the tube cutting guide (which admittedly probably costs them only pennies. Oh well!

Back