What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice jigs, and great idea for a party! What rockets are they going to build?
Thanks! The boys get to pick... have a Cherokee E and couldn't resist picking up a Vapor from Hobby Lobby today. Assuming the Estes Cyber Monday special is here in time, Super Nova, Indicator, Honest John, Mini Fat Boy, Sky Warrior, and Mini Comanche 3 will be available!
If that order is late, I'll pick up a Goblin and Hi-Flier XL at Hobby Lobby.

Thanks! The boys get to pick... have a Cherokee E and couldn't resist picking up a Vapor from Hobby Lobby today. Assuming the Estes Cyber Monday special is here in time, Super Nova, Indicator, Honest John, Mini Fat Boy, Sky Warrior, and Mini Comanche 3 will be available!
If that order is late, I'll pick up a Goblin and Hi-Flier XL at Hobby Lobby.
Wow, pretty ambitious stuff for an overnight build... please get some pics and report on how it goes. I hope the weather holds up for you.

Last edited:
glued on fin #3 on my 4" black fly
(one fin per night = 5 nights.. Next week is 10x fillets! (2 per night))

Still deciding on 'head end' deployment - would be my 1st!

An upscale Interceptor.

Estes' finest covergirl! Nice aft...

711estf.jpg

20201203_151235.jpg
First use of one of my fin jigs! This is the first Mean Machine I've ever built. Bought 3 in high school and scratch-built a 9 foot tall w/ 5 foot booster cluster for my senior year 4H project (maiden flight was my first CATO, still hurts).

It's a small design element, and I know it's not unique, but I just gotta say it. I really like the region of the fins' trailing edge-root edge-boat tail corner. The way the root edge extends below what would be the bottom of the rocket if not for the boat tail, making this short little separated bit. I just like that look.

Back