What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost finished MR. Little decals that go above the fins will finish the build. Roll pattern decal was challenging. Because of its size, air tends to get trapped under it. I was warned about this in a different thread - thank you. Patient careful bubble removal. Slowly squeegee the water away until the last pass is almost dry. Took about 30 minutes. The mask for the fins turned out satisfactory. There are some nice crisp lines and some less so, also a little overspray. Looks good at nearly any distance.

20200923_134721.jpg

Did a bit of painting and glueing up a stuffer tube for a 3” build

wondering why the duplicolor always dries kind of matte/satin never glossy lol

Painted a second red coating on the Smurfs’ rocket fins. Unlike the surface boards, they have 2 sides so they’re not done yet. No pictures yet because I avoid messing with drying paint.

So we went to the LHS to buy balsa and thin CA cause this stuff's hard to order from across the ocean. When I pulled up, there was cardboard paper over the windows and signs saying temporarily closed. Arrgh! Went to the fishing store across the street that has decent prices on rifle primers and they said the LHS is not an essential business. What? Don't they realize there's a war against boredom?

Even though the trade winds are 15mph, went to the park to shoot streamers. The Mayor said yesterday that the parks are reopen for groups of 5 or less. It was open for the past 2weeks for "individual activities" such as walking, running, bicycling, etc. When we got there, a park official said the park is closed until tomorrow. I guess I thought that since the Mayor announced yesterday that it would be open today but guess not.

Anyways, if the LHS is open tomorrow, I'll swing by there then head to the park again to shoot streamers. The trade winds will end on Saturday and Sunday will be 5mph for the following week so time to get out the D engines again.

Finishing touches on the Spek, attached the (in my opinion excessively long) kevlar string, streamer, and nose, as well as making an extra long pop lug for using on booster flights. I set the hole so that I can use my first pop lug on single stage flights

View attachment 432729
Have we taken the opportunity yet to give you grief about that ruler? If not, I feel like we should.

Have we taken the opportunity yet to give you grief about that ruler? If not, I feel like we should.

The janky ruler and red chair are both institutions

I also have a ~5/8 yardstick and ~3/8 yardstick that was rapidly and unintentionally created from a boring 1 yardstick

(I really should get a newer ruler, but I also still have small and large measuring tapes and a digital caliper, so if fine precision or length over 11" isn't required, it still serves)

I see nothing wrong with the red chair. And I guess the dinosaur gets you a pass on the ruler. (Which gets me even deeper in the doghouse, as I have dino to get me mine. You should see my cutting mat, made janky by the same substance abuse as the ruler. Strike that, no, you shouldn't.)

Waitaminit. You've got three Trvectas, and this clip whip is on'y for the 318? You couldn't make the leads 1.1 cm longer?

I just have the 1 Trivecta and it is the first and only cluster rocket I have built so far. There's no reason my leads won't work for any 2 or 3 cluster rocket if I were to build another.

Back