What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did my first roll pattern paint job on a Baby Bertha. Came out okay. Not superb, not horrible. Will be painting more like that in the future.

Last edited:
Finished the internal fillets on my Vander-Burn Cherokee-H tonight and decided to weigh some parts...It looks like my initial estimates are way off. The bare upper tube and nose cone come in it at just under 10 oz. The baffle is almost 4 oz, and I have not yet weighed to fin can because my primitive jigging system is still doing its job while the epoxy fillets cure.

Tomorrow's plans are to do some outside fin fillets with Titebond Trim and Molding glue, finish up the baffle and attach it to the fin can.

Admired my new Aerotech 54-852 motor hardware and a 29mm plugged tapped forward closure. Minimum diameter rocketry is a sickness, I tell you!

Shot a quick coat of paint (used too much) on some repairs I did to a Canadian Arrow and my Fliskits Triskelion this morning. I have meetings at church this evening so I probably won't get anything else done today.

I went to the Depot to get some sandpaper and paint. WTF is wrong with people? As I was walking towards the store, an employee came out the door carrying a couple of bags, she walked past a pickup truck that was just sitting in the traffic lane and the guy in it yells, "hey, that's my stuff- that's for me!", so she turned around and walked back to the truck, handed the bags to the driver, and says " you should use the designated parking spaces for curbside pickup", pointed towards the spaces that were like twenty feet away and turned and headed back into the store. As she did that, the guy yells "I don't like your attitude, go f*#k yourself!"... as I walked past him I rolled my eyes and was invited to join the Depot lady... :mad::rolleyes:🤣

Anyways, this is what I was going to post initially, got color on Baby and Big...

IMG_8079.JPGIMG_8078.JPG

Also ordered epoxy, curative, and some odds and ends from US Composites. Five pounds of talc should arrive by week's end. Cheap epoxy filler, though it's pretty heavy.

Best -- Terry

My Saberhawk is almost finished. These decals are darker than I thought when I first bought paint. I didn't apply the top section because I need to decide how I want to finish it. I could attempt to find a darker shade of red that better matches the vinyl, but if it isn't a nearly perfect match the wrap for the top won't look right. I could always mask and spray the same striped design on the wrap with the bright red paint and peel off the lettering.

PSX_20200715_180728.jpg

I finished the repairs, strake replacement, and paint touch-ups on my Fliskits Triskelion and Canadian Arrow. Now my bench is nearly rocket free and I turn towards some model trains that require my attention.
IMG_20200705_135938484_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200715_190034512.jpg

Have to change up the assembly order for the Astron Explorer. Already painted the mid cone orange. I was about to glue the rear body to the front and channels, but realized I can't paint the inside of the channels withiut difficulty once its glued. Time to take an assembly break and paint the channels

20200715_215433.jpg

Back