What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sort of rocket related....

Coworker noticed change missing from his desk last week. I too was missing change. Brought my 808 keychain rocket camera in and caught the cleaning person scratching her butt and crotch before digging into my hot tamales and stealing $1.55 worth of change. Caught it on the 2nd day of recording.

here is the vid. I figure it is OK to post here since this is not a local site and the video is unlisted.
I can’t view the video, I was very interested

Made the drogue shock cord for my L3 project. I had just enough room to use the 7/16” Kevlar. One of my TAPS cautioned me against a 3/16” cord because there is a long decent for the airframe to rub, and potentially cut through. Since I had a bunch of 7/16” on hand I tried that, and it all fit...winner.

817AE833-2A83-4A15-8833-E22BABFBD6DD.jpeg

Attachments

• 6C1081C5-5C9A-427C-913E-C036B0062C72.jpeg
    6C1081C5-5C9A-427C-913E-C036B0062C72.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 18
Thought about how I may end up not attending any launches this year, since the locals clubs have canceled all of them for the foreseeable future. And I still haven't started my L1 project.

That sucks. I’m new to the world of rocketry, I’m going to peek my head in a local club launch here on 6/20 so I can get pointed in the right direction for Level 1 HPR

My North Coast Rocketry order arrived and I decided to take the fin bevel sanding blocks out for a test drive.

They are hard to describe so you probably should just visit the website.

These tools really work. They can bevel as well has round over fin edges. If you think about that for a moment you’ll realize that means they can be used to airfoil fins...which is exactly why NCR owner Matt Steele made them.

Looks like my fins going forward will have nice bevels.

My North Coast Rocketry order arrived and I decided to take the fin bevel sanding blocks out for a test drive.

They are hard to describe so you probably should just visit the website.

These tools really work. They can bevel as well has round over fin edges. If you think about that for a moment you’ll realize that means they can be used to airfoil fins...which is exactly why NCR owner Matt Steele made them.

Looks like my fins going forward will have nice bevels.
Do you have a link? I Googled and went to what I thought was the site last night and didn't find a beveling tool.

Edit, plus 1 more for the John Coker bridal video.

I have used a sewing awl to make my own harnesses. I also have harnesses from Onebadhawk.

15663.jpeg
Showed my buddy at work my 1/4 scale Viking 7 project. Getting close to ground testing and plans for a test flight on a large K/ small L once flights resume here in Minnesota.

I have been spending a lot of time with OR getting files made for my projects and figuring out motors etc to order soon.

Plans to run after a few local altitude records on: G,H,J,K motors this summer.

Sim files for: Mock 2 scratch Bt80 build 38mm mmt

MC Frenzy 4" cardboard/plywood 54mm mmt tailcone retainer.

MC Frenzy XL 4" fiberglass 75mm mmt tailcone retainer.

MC Tomach fiberglass 54mm MD bird

WM blackhawk 38 mmd project for the Loki 38/1200 case.

Estes BB2 MD project, bass wood fins, and will layup with carbon fiber cloth and west systems epoxy for the CTI 24mm 6grain G motors.

~John

I watched some paint dry, sanded some on my 24mm MD rocket and my Punisher. I also ordered my Secret Santa gift.

Inventoried an incoming package from SMT Design, tried again to un-warp a fin from my Cherokee-H, fiddled with my Madcow/RW /Formula 54 (need to place a dab of thickened epoxy inside the motor tube to prevent rail-button/recovery snags), finalized an order to LOC Precision (some bits and bobs for my two LaserLOC MD birds), and still toying with the Goblin 4” and a Hobgoblin...

I seem to have a Goblin thing going on...four of them in different sizes and brands.

Latest posts

Back