What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went out to a little launch with some other guys. From my stash, my launches included a MPC Lunar Patrol clone and an original Edmund's Gemini. The Gemini flew great on the first flight and not so much on the second flight. Go figure. I lost the bottom part of an Estes Tornado that I had for almost 25 years.

Ordered a Dynasoar Rocketry BOMARC glider and spent more hours on my L3 proposal package.

Masked and sprayed the repair of my Force 5.

Realized that ScorchSCAD doesn't include the help files, which I should have expected; couldn't do what I had planned.

Working on preparing noseconesIMG_20190709_113812.jpg for SMT Designs end mount tracker bays. Used a piece of Mach 1 coupler tube to adapt a Wildman nosecone to a BT60 Darkstar. Also prepping a 54mm to use in two Wildman rockets. Got a little excited with the countersink bit on one of the holes. Both are setup to use an Eggfinder Mini

Tried to emotionally prepare for never seeing this Mosquito rocket again after I launch it. Wondering if I should even finish sealing and painting it. Hm.

Attachments

• Mosquito.png
    Mosquito.png
    510.1 KB · Views: 55
Started another six-hours-over-three-days rocket class. Seems like the only rocketry I get to do these days, but the students seem to enjoy it.

Applied CWF to a balsa nose cone for the first time, being careful not to overdo it. We'll see how sanding goes....hopefully it'll stay a cone!

First night launch. A little 29mm with 3 T1.75 white LED's and a 1S Lipo in the nosecone. We had a high overcast which made it really dark outside.
Rocket went to about 1400' on a D21. Visible the whole way up and down. Recovered about 150 yards from the pad. As the rocket rotated under the chute the LED's looked like strobes.

First night launch. A little 29mm with 3 T1.75 white LED's and a 1S Lipo in the nosecone. We had a high overcast which made it really dark outside.
Rocket went to about 1400' on a D21. Visible the whole way up and down. Recovered about 150 yards from the pad. As the rocket rotated under the chute the LED's looked like strobes.
I'd love to see some pics of your rocket.

Submitted my High altitude paperwork for the Kloudbusters LDRS launch in September.

Three rockets:
Blackhawk 54 on L935 sims to 23,300 ft.
Mongoose 75 on M840 sims to 28,102 ft.
CJ's 2 stage on L935/K261 sims to 17, 17,499 ft.

Sharon and I plan to fly a few more rockets, but with over 200 registered fliers already, it might be hard to fit them in with the other 500 fliers that will probably attend.

Took me two days to update my Open Rocket sims and fill out the high altitude paperwork and Bob Brown took less than two hours to approve my flights.

Latest posts

Back