What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a bit more done on the Gemini lab thing and the scramjet glider...
20210215_151018.jpg

So... the ring is being held in place with an anti-gravity coupler? Very cool. :D

Went on 3-day mini vacation over the V-Day weekend to a cabin owned by extended family. I had a lot of free time so I started working on an Estes Tazz kit. On Sunday afternoon, the wife did some window shopping with me in tow. During the expedition, we visited a GameStop store that had a closeout sale and my wife said "Happy Valentine's Day"...

Quake Champions "ScaleBearer" figurine Edition & Estes Tazz
1613546578546.jpeg

Went out to dinner Sunday evening. Had a really nice time.

I like this model. Im thinking of getting it. They have some nice kits. Im getting ready to build my Rocketarium Skyflash. Nice work on yours. How did the fin placement go?
I used a Qualmann fin guide so placement was a no brainer.
I believe the Skyflash was a Sparrow airframe with upgraded British avionics,
I built one with the intent to use home printed Sparrow livery on it.
Missed out on the TLP Sparrow kit.
0217211251[1].jpg

Cheers.

With my trip cancelled due to the snow storms I threw together a couple of small rockets for my Grandson and I to fly on A8's in the small field behind the house. Cut the fins for the Arcas build while I wait for the balance of the building supplies to arrive. Best of all, I resurrected an ancient laptop still running on XP. Cleaned out a lot of unneeded stuff and found a source for a Java 7 download (needed for 32 bit XP OS). Grabbed a copy of Open Rocket and viola it worked. Super happy to have a laptop for the field without having to spend a dime!! :clapping:

More progress on my Mini A Heli. One rotor finished (bottom), two others in progress.
View attachment 451172
The bend you put into the rotor is so slight and subtle that it's amazing to me they actually function as rotors.

That's a fun one. The balsa in our rotors was quite hard, so it took some doing to get that bend in there. But it really flew great, we lost it on our first flight when it helicoptered clear away into the wild blue yonder.

I repaired a 54 year old Estes Arcas to fly again. repaired couple fins and replaced shock cord!! Now have to wait for good weather again!

Sent off my next electronics gizmo design for an assembly quote. Wondering if I should start on the third project or wait for the first two to get here.

"Finished" the Estes 36D Squared. (Still needs launch lugs, loads of sanding, and paint.) Started on a downscale of the TLP Kormoran. One fin glued on. No turning back now.

I used a Qualmann fin guide so placement was a no brainer.
I believe the Skyflash was a Sparrow airframe with upgraded British avionics,
I built one with the intent to use home printed Sparrow livery on it.
Missed out on the TLP Sparrow kit.
View attachment 451144

Cheers.
That fin guide is the thing to have. Thanks for the info. You have the Skyflash too. Now I see how it looks. Are you going to Paint it like the prototype on the box it came in? I plan to paint mine that way.

Due to my chronic insomnia, I get plenty of shop time when I feel up to it during overnight hours. Tonight, I built another Estes kit, start to finish in under 90 minutes. It’s one of those refinished kits, so no painting required.

Next club launch will have me testing several new models! 😁

Back