Quantcast

What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

kuririn

BARGeezer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
1. Was this a custom baffle or is this available for sale?
2. Let us know the result after a couple of flights. If it works I might buy a few.

Back_at_it

Reaction score
1. Was this a custom baffle or is this available for sale?
2. Let us know the result after a couple of flights. If it works I might buy a few.
These were something he designed with the intention of selling on his site. They are not listed yet but i'm guessing it won't be long.

He sent me a couple of samples to test out and I'm happy with their fit and finish. I'm hoping to get out and fly one more time this year so I'll keep you posted.

teepot

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I made a rocket out of a post office mailing box. It's a triangular box 4 feet long. Cut a nose cone out of styrofoam. Put 3 fins on and a 29mm x 12 inch motor mount. It might just fly too.

Cape Byron

The BAR formerly known as Skippy-2
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Sorted through an old box of stuff looking for rockets to photograph on our new stands (out next week). Laser cut MDF you can paint, weather, decorate, whatever. This ol' scratch build dates from 2006...

DSCF8653 (FILEminimizer).JPG

Last edited:

jqavins

Joseph Avins
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday had an interclub zoom meeting with four presenters discussing different altimeters and their advantages/disadvantages. Had people from four states attending.
I don't suppose there's a recording of the talk?

You don’t live here where these eyesores are. Let’s just agree to disagree 😀
Yeah, I do. I see them all over the landscape, interrupting otherwise beautiful mountain landscapes. But fine, agree to disagree.

DRAGON64

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Years ago I built a modified variant of John Coker's Pro Rail Base that I use for Mid to High Power Rockets. Since I am now building my largest rocket to date, I needed a pad that could handle the size and weight of the new build, as well as the potential impulse that will be launched from it. So I scaled up the dimensions of my HPR pad, and just placed an order for the raw material. Midwest Steel & Aluminum had the cheapest price, saving me well over $200 from Onlinemetals.com

Adam3836

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I enjoy my apogee zephyr L1 rocket so much I said why not get another one and do a fully custom paint theme and decals so off to the races I go lol
Getting better with my epoxy fillets for the fins

Attachments

Banzai88

Lvl 1,Wallet....Destroyed
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:

Andrew_ASC

UTC SEDS 2017 3rd/ SEDS 2018 1st
Reaction score
Bought an EasyMini Alt. Gonna look for stuff to put Avbay together with again this weekend.